View Single Post
Old 11-26-2004, 09:02 PM #22 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: NW of Toronto
State: On
Diagnosed: 10/2003
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Al is on a distinguished road
Forum Moderator

City: NW of Toronto
State: On
Diagnosed: 10/2003
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Al is on a distinguished road

Hi Melissa. The EMG is one test. They shock you with little electrodes and the Nerve conduction is the one where they stick the needles in your muscles. They move them around and watch the squiggles on the computer screen and the noise sounds like static on the TV. They might be both done as the EMG but I thought they were 2 different tests.

Did the rum cruise in Jamaica. We passed by the hotels in Montego Bay on the way back and about 10 of us mooned everyone on the beach. Yup rum is good stuff.

As for missing posts Melissa and for the new people here a small lesson on what I have learned about navigating this site. When going to the ALS Society home page and clicking on Quick Links and then discussion forum the page will open up showing the different forums. If you click on the message on the right side of the page it will take you to the last topic and message on that page. If there is only one message look at the bottom of the page and go back to previous page. OR when you get to the forums page click on General Chatter on the left and it will take you to the last messages for the last bunch of topics. You can look at the dates on the right and see when someone has posted a message on all the subjucts.

The same applies if you get the automated reply in your email mail box. Click on the link and it will take you back to the reply to your message and then click General Chatter at the top of the page.
I missed a few posts for a while so hope this helps someone. Take care.
Al.