Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo, Tracy. I'm sure you will keep us informed as to how things are going. Even though he has a tough road ahead (given what his prognosis could have been), anything is gravy from here on out. Take care.

Best of luck to you both, you have a true fight to win attitude and I admire your perseverance.

Love,
Cindy

It's nice to see that things are picking up pace, and that you've made it through some major obstacles. Best of luck as you keep pressing forward.

Take care,

Robert

Thanks everyone!

We finally got notice that our referral went through.

Our appt with the neurosurgeon is next Friday 4/29 at 11am...but we need to be there at 9:30am in order for Jim to get some flexation x-rays done.

We don't know if this will be of the thoracic area or of the original lumbar injury area or both....but if I'm not mistaken, x-rays aren't used to determine the cause of neurologic deficit....they look at bones, positioning of bones, calcification of disc material, etc....so not very sure what he wants them for...hopefully to start mapping out a surgical plan...but I'm still a little gun shy about getting my hopes up.

At least they got us in within two weeks of seeing the neuro and within one and a half weeks of getting the referral! I think that's pretty darned good!

Tracy

Good luck to you and your husband! Maybe they are on the right track now? Hope so!

Hang in there dear lady!

tracy,

Good luck with your husband appointment tomorrow! I will be praying for a good outcome....

Thank you Crystal! We're on our way out the door. I will update everyone on a new thread when we get home!

His flexation MRI showed that his thoracic herniation is very clearly moving the spinal cord around in different positions.

Hopefully that's what the surgeon needed to see!

We should be home after about 2pm mountain time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back