Iplex

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has only been approved for trials. There is a lot of information about it and nothing sounds too promising.

I have no knowledge in the medical field so forgive me if what I am about to say is grossly incorrect. I am only a banker :) It would seem to me that every other desease out there that they found an actual cure to they had to find the cause first. Cancer is maybe the exception but I think that they have not found an actual cure to cancer, just a way to put it into a sometimes permanent remission because it seems like often it ends up coming back sooner or later and I have heard people that had cancer say that once you have cancer you always have cancer? Does anyone know of a desease that they cured without finding out the cause? The approach seems backward to me? How close are they to finding a cause for ALS, do they even have any ideas? I see a lot about treatments, trials , ect but it seems like I don’t see as much discussion about scientists doing studies to find the actual root cause? If someone has some knowledge on this or some links, can you pass this info to me. Thank-you so much!

CB1977

stem cells

Hi CB1977,

Without really knowing the true cause of the disease at this time, the only thing I can think of that could potentially slow the disease down significantly (in term of several years or more) is by replacing dying neural cells with differentiated motor neurons and glial stem cells. There may be a clinical trial starting later this year with a company called Neuralstem that hopefully will provide substantial results. Only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back