Diagnosis
01/2009
Country
US
State
ct.
City
hamden
hi my name is joe troutman i am 57 yrs of age i was just told that i have pma but i know that life must go on i am married with 4 sons the youngest being 23 i dont know how they will act with this but my wife is finally comming to grips with this being real i will deal with this with the lord on my side but i need someone to tell what type of meds are you taking or better yet what to do.

thank you in advance

joe troutman
hamden conn.

Hi and welcome to the form. I can tell you that we have a wealth of knowledge and support on this forum. Many have a form of MND, most ALS, but we all are in this together. Progression varies, and options to handle your changes can also be avaliable. We have so many fine cals and pals on this forum, we can help you with questions, friendship, and a caring heart.

looking forward

thank you for your response i will be looking forward for support in this matter sometimes things that are new to you scare you until you talk to someone who understands your situation i just need to stay strong because it is a little tough at my age to all of a sudden to get this but now i know i am surely not the only one going through.

thank you

Welcome Joe, sorry you are here. I was 56 when diagnosed, with a happy life ahead of me, married for 38 years and grandchildren popping out...then wham,,, I have learnt a lot and received a lot of support from this forum. Please use us as often as you need, at least you know we fully understand any of your problems. I hope we can give you some comfort.

Joe, If you don't mind me asking, what was your first symptom? Also have you had a second opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back