Diagnosis
06/2008
Country
US
State
any
City
any
Yes, everyone, I DID IT!............I practiced 2 nights a week for an hour for 5 weeks, and tonight was the Senior Prom for our oldest son, Evan.

We waltzed together in the parent/senior waltz, it was awesome of course. He didn't step on my feet, and I didn't fall or cry....until................

My husband and other 2 boys were waiting to find me after the waltz when one of the teachers caught up with me and told me that Evan had won Prom King! Of course I couldn't hold back the tears, which the teacher didn't understand, so I then started laughing! It was great though.

Then around 9pm, my husband and 2 younger boys went to Applebee's for a late dinner-I had gift cards for the 4 entrees, just had to pay for the sweet tea and my strawberry daiquiri! Got dinner for 4 there for $20!

I hope you can see the pictures..............one of Evan and his date, one of me with husband Dan and one of me with Avery-the 15yr old.

Life is good! Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• 107.jpg
    107.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 223
  • evanprom6-2009.jpg
    evanprom6-2009.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 195
Thank you for sharing your evening. It is a dream come true for your family and I'm sure you'll relive it for a long time to come. I had 6 children, now between 22 and 40, so I have memories to match. We are blessed

WOW! Brenda, your family here loves and is proud of you too! Thanks for sharing "the rest of the story" with us, and for adding the photos. (you're nice and healthy glow-y with that baseball field tan)

Brenda,

I'm so happy that everything went well, and you had the opportunity to it.....
Wow, "PROM KING" you have to be so proud.

Hope you enjoyed the strawberry daiquiri!

Great-looking family Brenda. I am proud of you and your family!

Brenda, thanks for the photos! It's always nice to see young people dressed up. My son's prom a few years ago was one of the few times that we've ever seen him not wearing blue jeans or cargo pants.

It sounds like you all had a great time, and I'm glad that the dancing lessons paid off.
:)

Barry

Way to go Brenda.

I'm jealous that you could dance.

King of the Prom looks like a lady-killa. Bet that phone never stops ringing.

Glen

Brenda ... As Rose said, your "second family" is here with you all the way, cheering you on. Thanks for sharing such a special event with us.

Wow! What a wonderful time you all had! Great pics! Way to go! What we wouldn't give for one more run at the dancefloor!
Dance while you can is a good motto:)
Rick&Joan

I always tell everyone that I can dance but I can't sing! Just between us here I never could sing but they don't need to know that! So I'll add to Rick's motto, "Dance and sing while you can"

Brenda,

You have a wonderful family! Congrats to the prom king!

Zaphoon

FANTASTIC! I am very happy for you.

Mother of the Prom King! You must be so proud. Glad the waltz with your son was wonderful and you all enjoyed the night together.

Brenda

GREAT. I am so glad things went good, and Prom King, WOW. He is truly dreamy. I am so proud of you and keep dancing girl.

Renee

Glad you had that moment. Your son is dreamy...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back