View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 07:16 PM #10 (permalink)

City: Uxpatch
State: ON
Interest: My wife lost her battle with ALS in 2001
TBear is an unknown quantity at this point
City: Uxpatch
State: ON
Interest: My wife lost her battle with ALS in 2001
TBear is an unknown quantity at this point

... see, you guys aren't ready for me to be technical! I pass all this stuff past a friend who is a research scientist in cell biology. She knows all the terminology...
Al, they won't let me back into Brampton... something about a low and over in the picnic area...

Carol, I think you are correct about the EMG. Its a way of testing the nerve function. For anybody who's done electricals... its a continuity test. You put a probe at one end of a nerve and another probe at the end of it and see if a current travels through. If it does the nerve is good. If it doesn't it's damaged. In our cases, like the MRI, you kind of hope that they find something wrong with the nerve.

Melissa, you are on the wrong side of the lake for the snow this time... but thanks for the help!

Okay Al, basic Cuban... "un cerveza mas, por favor". I'm not sure you want the other one that I know... I tried it with one of the guides and got kicked out of the country... apparently I tried to hire his sister... but would settle for his horse! Cubans are very nice but apparently don't have much of a sense of humour. If you want to get on their good side... bring extra toothpaste and soap and stuff that you can give away to the housekeeping staff... they really appreciate it!

T.