06/2008
Country
US
State
any
City
any
Hello all,

You know how I love stories about my children...here's another one!

Evan, our oldest, will graduate from high school in May. He is the pole vaulter in the pictures in my profile.

Tonight, he and I attended our very first waltz practice! We will be a part of the senior/parent waltz at prom on 5/2/09.

Please keep us in your prayers for this event-I'm hoping my legs and ankles won't give out, and he's hoping I won't step on his feet!

Can't wait to post pictures of me at the prom! Practice is 2 nights a week for a month, 1 down, 7 to go!

Never give up,
Never let up,
Never lose faith,
-brenda

How cool is that Brenda! Does Evan have two left feet or is he like Fred Astaire? Of course we will want to see pictures.
Laurel

Sounds like a neat school, and a neat mom and son as well.
I will never forget 3 years ago when my son was a senior in high school. He played bass guitar in several musical groups. The last concert ended with a big hoopla of the seniors rendition of "Joyful Joyful, We Adore Thee." (public school of 800 9-12)) There was rap and rock, and uproarously loud music. There was piano and drums and guitars, and electric keyboard. My son came out on stage alone with his guitar and all the girls stood up and screamed "Trevor, Trevor Trevor!" They rocked the building for over 5 minutes. He may never have that chance to experience such fanfare again. It was great for Mom too. I was SO proud!

Brenda

That is cool, Boys and their mom's, nothing like it. I remember my 25 year old graduating high school, small private Christian school, class of about 25. They told a little story of every child, How one was sweet and caring and another would go save the world. Then they got to my son, All they talked about was all the mischievous things he had done and how all the teachers will never forget him. I don't know why, but I was so proud at how much my son's story stood out from the rest.lol. You got to love them.

Brenda,

That is sooooo cool...... Good Luck and have a great time!

Brenda, I'm pretty confident you will pull it off.:D

You are obviously proud of your family - that is great.

One quick parenting story. Two nights ago my wife caught my son up at midnight talking to his GF.:mrgreen:She flipped a wig - of course I had to do one of those father/son talks the next morning. He's 15, and sometimes I think she thinks he is still 5.

But ya gotta love good moms - mine is the best in the world (biased opinion). She still tells me to be careful when I am going somewhere.:)

I'm sure it will be a wonderful night. Way to go mom!

Best wishes,

Robert

What a wonderful story! I'm sure all will go well.

Brenda, whether or not you two make a graceful dance duo, you're in for some good memories!

As a little side story, back when my eldest son was in college, he was one of the students in the honors program chosen to go to Vienna,Austria, for a couple of months. Because the kids were getting academic credit for it, they had to study up on Austrian culture and history before they went, & pass tests on it. Most of it was about architecture, government, etc. but they also had to learn to waltz, and pass a test. My son is not one who you'd think would stand out in the waltz department. BUT he had played a lot of hockey in high school, it turned out that the same rather complicated footwork he'd used in the rink playing hockey was the same needed when waltzing and the couple needs to spin around and go in the other direction.... All of the girls wanted to take their waltz test with Scott. He loved it 8)

Anyway, thanks for sharing, and I look forward to hearing updates.

Oh ladies, these stories just melt my heart.. So glad you shared them, being the mother of a teenage boy myself, I am filled with love and pride for you lovely ladies. I know how much you love your children. I often think that That this love is bigger than life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back