Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to keep this brief as the computer is moving slow as mollasas and I just popped in for a quick visit before getting busy at work. Carol - If I could wear a string bikini at 50......(I couldn't even wear one at 30!). Probably a komono would be more appealing anyway, then no one would really know for sure what was underneat!

I wonder if we need a new topic since everyone is running slow. Back where General Chatter is....can we start a General Chatter2? I tried to open one of the less visited topics and it opened right up. Is there a website manager? -me-

I'm going to keep this brief as the computer is moving slow as mollasas and I just popped in for a quick visit before getting busy at work. Carol - If I could wear a string bikini at 50......(I couldn't even wear one at 30!). Probably a komono would be more appealing anyway, then no one would really know for sure what was underneath!

I wonder if we need a new topic since everyone is running slow. Back where General Chatter is....can we start a General Chatter2? I tried to open one of the less visited topics and it opened right up. Is there a website manager? -me-

Hi Guys,
Last night Al & Lee came over for dinner and they brought the famous Fat Bastard with them,little did they know I had one waiting for them.We had a very nice evening.It 's so nice to get together with someone that has als and compare notes. We all need support from each other now and then.Laughter is by far the best medicine .Keep laughing and most of all
Keep well everyone.Elaine

Elane: you spoiled my plan. I had planned on telling everyone about this new Reataurant called Chateau Gobeil in Brampton. The appetizers were shrimp as big as small lobster and shrimp cakes with the cocktail sauce on the side. The main course was roast beef mashed potatoes with herbs and spices and 3 vegatables as well as salad and of course gravy. Fat Bastard was served as well as a House Burgundy and a Chardonay that was preceded by some of the best Bloody Caesars Lee has had. As if that wasn't enough to fill you to the brim, desert was a lovely light trifle accompanied by a spice cake. Coffee and complimentary liquors were served as well. All in all a top class establishment. I would recommend it to anyone passing through Brampton. Reservations required. The conversation was stimulating and we even saw a picture from 1984 where Elane's son Michael and our daughter were on the same bowling team and they had the team picture. When we met Elane and Maurice we thought we knew them from somewhere but not having seen them in 20 years it was nice to catch up. Small world this ALS makes. So I feel better today and am rooting for the ARGO'S. See ya later.

Hello fellow newcomer - I joined 1 day after you - my mother was just diagnosed and I'm finding it hard to come to terms with everything. But we have to be strong. It's difficult when you see the despair in some of the eyes of the therapists coming to the home.

You're father-in-law is fortunate to have you move in.

Since our diagnosis, we are always spending tons of time together - my 5 year old twins always give you something to laugh about and she want her family around her as much as possible. I'll be hard but we should cherish to time we are together.

Just thought I would say hi
June

Al, you're in the wrong line of work. You should be in the resturant review.
business.A very nice write up on the Chateau Gobeil,I thank you for the recomending us.I'm glad you're feeling better maybe it was the good wine and change of scenery.

June, sorry to hear about your mom.I feel like her.I want to be around my family as much as possible . It's very scary at times and to me it feels safer to be near them. I want to spend as much time with them as possible.It is a very devestating disease,friends and family help to make it a little easier.Everyone is going through different symptons we're not all the same .Remember you're not alone, we're all here as a group to help each other.I feel better now than when I was first diagnosed.I was lucky to meet alot of good people with ALS and in doing so I didn't feel so alone.I hope you keep posting and find the support you need to carry on.
Take care , Elaine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back