wheeler641

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
indiana
City
dyer
I tried looking for my old thread but could not find it, so I started a new one, went to see the rheumy on thursday left me feeling rather confused, He stated that he was not sure that I had a case of active Lyme, He did state that I did have it in the past, he is sure of that but is not convinced that it is active. He did a whole bunch of blood work, which I went for on Friday. A lot of atibody tests to r/o other things. He said to keep taking the doxy as it could not hurt anything. He upped my prednisone from 10mg a day to 30mg a day for seven days(I go back next thursday) Do not like the way the prednisone makes me feel, it feels like my heart is going to jump out of my chest, also I am a type 2 diabetic and taking this amount of prednisone make me hungry all the time, not a good thing ehen you have diabetes. He did some strength tests and said I was very strong for my age, which is good I guess. He also told me to hold my hands out straight and he ran his fingers under the palms in my hands. Does anyone know what that was for, kind on like a babinsky for the hands? I know he tested ne for MG antibodies and something called a jo-antibody. He asked me a bunch of questions about if I had pets or if anyone else in my household was sick, I quess trying to r/o an infection of sorts. I liked him and he spent about a half an hour with me asking all kind of questions. He r/o fibromyalgia, I had no pressure points. Just kind of depressed I thought I had a definite diagnosed, now I am not sure, this is all so confusing. Also the mri of my brain with contrast was normal. Well guys, thanks for listening, margaret

Margaret,

Sorry you didn't get the answers you wanted from the rheum. Maybe he's just being cautious. At least he's leaving you on the med that seems to help. Don't know why he was running his hand under your palm. My rheum spent a lot of time with my hands, but he was looking for swollen joints.

Will be keeping you mind.

Take care,

Robert

Hi Margaret,

How disappointing not to move closer to a diagnosis that everyone can agree on. It would be so simple if he had said, "yep, that's Lyme!" He sounds attentive and curious though-all good traits in a doctor. I have no idea why he did that to your hands? Test for tickleishness?

Lydia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back