sdsyd

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
sd
City
piedmont
Sorry I haven't been around on the boards much, I miss hearing updates on everyone and your friendship. Things have been crazy around here. I did have my spinal tap and it was negative for any antibodies. Could have went on with a sural nerve biopsy, etc.

So- basically what the word on the street is- we don't have a Dx to hang our head on. I have NOT had any progression since Fall/early Winter, but no return of anything yet either- and no symptoms have went away.

We(dr's, hubby and I) decided to WAIT before trying any sort of treatment since the progression itself seems to have halted. The most recent studies show that trying to treat CIDP or MMN with the WRONG thing can actually worsen your symptoms and it seems like there's about a 1/3 chance without the antibodies to prove exactly what is going on: meaning- 1/3-no change with treatment- 1/3-improvement, 1/3 worsening...

My local neuro said " You are definately sick, but we just don't have a name badge to pin on it yet" I follow up next month. From my understanding some of these things NEVER get diagnosed. It is complex. I am just THANKFUL that it has not gotten worse and THANKFUL for the function I DO have.

I'm ok where I'm at for now. I am still working 3 dys a week- only 3 hours a time, but am proud to still be working.

My Grandma is on a downhill slide, but we knew she didn't want to fight. Her only living daughter- my Aunt is in OR and just had major surgery last week for cancer and cannot travel. MY Uncle from AZ will be here in 2 days. So, for the mean time my siblings and I are the primary advocates for Grandma. I go up about 4 days a week to be with her.

My kids are all great, and other than that~~ its life in general for the Miller family.

Hope you are all doing well. I think of you often, and continue to pray for "my people on the forum" but didn't have any exciting updates- basically I wanted to check in on you guys.

Much Love and Respect-

Cindy from FROZEN tundra- SD.

Cindy,

Thanks for taking the time to update us....NO progression is definately a good thing.
Sorry about Grandma Rose.

Hi Cindy, it was nice to hear from you. I understand about the no diagnosed conflict, but thank goodness for no progression (knock on wood). I am sorry your grandma is having such a difficult time. But how lucky she is to have you-

Lydia

Cindy,

It was good hearing from you again. Its nice to have things not getting worse, especially with you at your grandmother's side 4 days a week.

Here's hoping for a big turn-around for you!

I can anly agree with what everyone else has already said! It is great to hear from you!

Cindy,

Good to hear from you. I had been wondering how things were going in you neck of the woods. Glad the progression has stopped. Perhaps you are turning a corner. Let us know how things pan out...

I hear you on the frozen tundra end. That cold snap and ice storm was just plain rude in the middle of our almost spring weather.

Take care,

Robert

cindy-
So good to hear from you! Glad life is "crazy" with your frozen tundra and all...from my family to yours, we wish you a great week, and keep us posted,
brenda

Hi Cindy! Good to hear from you. Summer will come in time!

Cindy,

I think of you often, and have wondered how things were going! That is wonderful news that you're not seeing progression!

I'm sorry to hear that your grandma continues to decline. I hope you and she are enjoying the visit from your uncle :)

Please don't be a stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back