Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Robert,
I guess the treatment depends on what type you have. Mine is atypical, so they are treating me with antibiotics AND antivirals, but I don't think this is typical. I think antibiotics is the standard course. The Dr. said I could go into the hospital, but I'm going to wait and see. I have to take care of my daughter who currently has shingles. She is only 5, so we're puzzled as to why she has shingles since she was vaccinated for chicken pox. We go to an infectious disease Dr. on Monday. We're both seeing some improvement though, so fingers crossed. Hope everyone is having a good day! -v

V~

please let me know about your daughter and the shingles, my ped just tried to sell me on the chicken pox vaccine saying that it will prevent her from gettting shingles later. I am trying to pair down the vaccines and only go with what I feel is necessary. None of my kids have had it. My dad had shingles and that is painfull. Good luck to you!

It's strange and I cant' help but thing my pneumonia is connected with her shingles somehow. I am getting sicker and sicker and nothing is really working on me. I have been sick since January and no Dr. can tell me what's wrong. maybe i should take my dr. up on going into the hospital, but i dont' know how long i'll be there and I have my daughter who has shingles. they would put me in isolation. i am so frustrated and scared becasue they see things on my lungs, but i don't have a fever, but look and feel reallly sick and my muscles are goign crazy. i was reading where lung cancer can present as a NMD and so that's what i'm obsessing over now since they can't say for sure what is on my xray, just says infiltrations.

Violet,

Did they do a CT of your lungs? IF you go into the hospital do you have someone to take care of your daughter?
If so maybe you should go and find out what is definately going on.

he suggested a CT scan, so we'll see. I just called and left him a message about it. I am on all these antibiotics and antivirals. it's like they're trying everything, but none of them actually have a clue as to what's going on. they all agree that there is something. thanks for all the support.

Violet,

You can see alot more on a CT scan than plain x-rays. Push for it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back