ktmj

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
Dixie
City
Redneck
This is a difficult thing to explain so be patient with me. Recently I am having some balance or coordination issues, especially on standing or getting up from lying down. It seems as if the crazy movement of muscles in my head and face is causing this. Those muscles move around quite often, twitch, spasm, whatever. I do have some leg weakness and I assume that is what causes most balance issues with walking, but this seems different. It is almost like vertigo but not quite the same sensation. I have had vertigo and this is not dizziness. I can feel the muscles in my head move when this is happening.

As a side note I had a normal clinical and EMG two weeks ago.

Any experience with my weirdo stuff?

Do you think it could be othosatic hypotension, when you get up your blood pressure drops and heart rate usually goes up.
you get lightheaded and dizzy some people feel like they are going to pass out and actually do.

Are you taking any meds? Some can cause it.

No Crystal it is not that feeling either. Thanks for the reply. Sometimes it feels literally like every muscle in my head is moving around. Nose, eyes, face, head, you name it. Ugh.

Have you had a MRI or CT yet

Pat

Yes patricia - both of them recently. Thanks.

Ktmj,

Dizziness was one of the first symptoms I experienced. Like you, I feel it most when shifting position, but occasionally will feel it when I am sitting. There were a couple of times going out for a walk or sitting in a chair when I felt like I was going to veer in a direction and flop (not weakness, just that feeling in my stomach). Thankfully, it seems to have gotten a bit better, and I don't feel it as often.

I have never gotten a good answer from my ENT (who I asked first) or my neuro. I've stopped bringing it up as it doesn't bother me as much. Interested to hear other thoughts. From what I understand it can have a lot of different causes.

Robert

In November-December 2006, when my UMN symptoms flared up, I was losing balance completely several times and had to hold on a table or anything near me. This was going for no more than a second, kind of like a blackout. This seemed to coincide with my "cannot initiate swallowing" symptom, which was getting very pronounced at that time - for example, I was losing balance when rising from a chair after a meal that I had the swallowing problems with. These both symptoms subsided a few months later, and now are gone copletely.

Most of my UMN symptoms, with exception of sloweness of the left hand, had reversed themselves since then. But now I have other problems, still pointing to the brain, so apparently there is something neuro-degenerative going on there... Who knows what.

ok Jeff,

I am getting a pretty silly image of your nose, eyes, mouth twitching and moving all around? Is this visable to the eye to see your muscles moving?

I have the dizzy-ness wierd feeling sometimes. I use to have alot more in the past and not so much anymore. I feel like my face on the side by chin and temple are gonna cramp up feeling, comes and goes......

Good luck.

Occasionally it is visible to me. My assistant one time saw my lip twitching and I felt the twitching. So no, I don't look like that Michael Jackson video where everyone's face was morphing into another (good grief was that the 80's?:p)

Sometimes the muscles are just tight feeling, then release, but when I am fairly active I can feel it more.

It's nuts I know - just call me the Forum Freak - I've always been the nutty Dad to my son and his buddies anyway!:grin:

Hi ~ For anyone who has dizzy issues, and cannot get an answer from doctors, you could request a test called an 'ENG' or 'electronystagmogram'.

I have had a few of these done. Not a real pleasant test because they rush warm and cold water into the ears, while you are hooked up to some wires, and measure the movement of your eyes, to see if you get abnormal nystagmus. (bouncing of the eyes) vertical, horizontal, or a combo of both.

It can tell if you have damage to the inner ear or the brain. Central or Peripheral vertigo.

Hope this helps.

ktmj...I have twitching under my lower lip, and chin. (one side) The twitch under the lip has caused that area to sink. It is non stop, and it is visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back