Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi gang. Went to the Doc. yesterday and he took me off the Levodopa for cramping because it might be giving me major indigestion. I know a lot of people are taking the Baclofen but it is not without side effects. My liver tests came back clear so the Riluzole so far isn't hurting that organ and obviously the wine isn't hurting it so carry on as normal is what he says.
Some might find this a strange question but does anyone know if you can still be an organ donor with ALS? I have always filled out the paper on my liscence and am now wondering. Could I freeze my pancreas for later use by my diabetic son when they perfect that type of transplant. Just one of the random thoughts that go through your mind when you are in a strange position. I find this to be a strange position. I don't like it and don't want to be here but will accept my fate. They'll have to take me kicking and screaming (that is if I can still kick and scream) out of here but if not I'll give the big guy on the other side crap. He'll wish he sent me the other way. On a lighter note is anybody going to be at the CdnPals site for a chat at 9pm EST tonight. (THURS.)
Enough ramblings for tonight. Hope everyone is well.

That's great about your liver....drink on!

I might be able to make the chat. This is a Thursday I work late (sometime around then....by the way, what time zone was that chat again?) I'll be there if I can. - me-

That would be Eastern Standard Time 9. PM or more affectionately known as Toronto time.

Hi Al:

I'm sure that you wanted to hear from me! My wife signed her donor card and asked the same question (although she was much further along than you). The response was not likely for transplant. Instead, she donated what she could to ALS research. Unfortunately, the closest neuropathologist is at University hospital in London. When the end came, I talked to Dr. Mike Strong (we had pre arranged this) and he took care of everything. If this is what you want, maybe you can talk to Myrna or somebody there. Whoever you are using for a funeral home will also have to be informed... now aren't you glad I wrote!

Hope this was informative and not too morbid!

T.

Interesting how everyone has had a slightly different reading when it comes to these tests.

Al, glad to see you are still allowed some red wine, so drink and be merry.

thanks to all who assisted in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back