View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 06:08 AM #10 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

CDEE is an unknown quantity at this point
New Member (Say Hi)
CDEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I spent yesterday with my father in-law and it went well. It's so hard to see him like this, so different from the way he was. He is very happy that my husband and I will be moving in with him. The first thing he asked with a big smile was if we would be bringing the baby. I think the baby takes his mind off things.
A friend of mine called last night so I was telling her about everything. She really didn't have a good thing to say about us moving in with my father in-law. I know she is just worried about me but she talked like she really doesn't think we can do it. I felt like the whole conversation was me trying to justify the decision. She works in a long term care facility and thinks that is the best choice. I have to wonder what she would do if it was her family? Don't get me wrong, I know this will be very hard on us. I think it's the best thing and in the long run we will be happy to know that he was able to stay home with family who love him very much. I also know that I can't do it alone. We will need to get some additional support for bath care and other stuff.
I am I being realistic?
Anyway, thanks for listening. I appreciate all the advice and the opportunity to vent very much. Drink of choice is vodka although it's been about two years. Now that I am not nursing I will be able to enjoy a drink again......soon! HA HA
Hope everyone is doing well, you are all in my prayers everyday. Thanks again.