Thread: MRI's
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 10:17 AM #12 (permalink)

Carol Deboer is an unknown quantity at this point
Carol Deboer is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Morning Theresa and all,

In the early stages with us, the first couple of years, Henry too was in denial. It was a very bitter pill to swallow. No one likes to lose their independence, strength, and function. You assume that it is not really happening, and then bam!, it all kicks in. Depression as I have said a long time ago in my posts is an all time demon. This of course is an entitlement that somehow must come along with als, because of the vast power the ailment has over your body and mind. How do you deal with this? Everyone has their own way of dealing with desparity. We used lots of quiet time, holding each other, the human touch is such a powerful healer. Laughing, again a great coping skill. I know that much of our depresssion comes with a great loss of not being able to do the things we loved to do, or will never be able to do. It is an all consuming thing. I do not think you ever accept what you have lost or will lose. You just learn how to deal with it better as the days and months and now years go by. Be FIRM, just do it. Just love them as they are and how they will be. Assure him of that. Hope you have a good day. Must run and tend to "the Man". Talk soon..

Stay Strong....

Carol