Status
Not open for further replies.
Als Support Group

I Don't Know Anything About A Well Spouse Group, But I Just Read
In Our Local Paper That A New Als Support Group Is Starting Up
Here In Middle Tn. On The First Monday Of Every Month. I Was
Thrilled To Read That, And Will Try And Get My Granddaughter
To Come Sit With Horace So I Can Attend This.

When He Was First Dx'd In 07 In Jan., We Knew Nothing Of Als,
Nor Had We Heard Of Anyone Around Here Having It. But Through
Hospice Nurses And Home Health Personnel, Word Gets Around,
And I Have Rec'd Several Emails From Widows, Recent Widows, And
Spouses Of Als Patients In Nearby Areas. They Get Together For
Lunch Once A Month. I Have Not Been Able To Attend One Yet,
But Plan To.

Once You Know Of Someone With Als, You Begin To Hear Of Many
Others. No Two Patients Are Alike, As No Two Patients Have
Symptoms Alike.

Jackiemax

The Well Spouse

Hi ,We do live very close.I am in Manasquan.The "Well Spouse" is located in Freehold! They meet in Manalapan at the JavaMoon on Route9 on the second Tuesday of the month.I only went for the first time last month but met such caring people.Call 800-838-0879.

Thanks so much for the info. I will call today.
Lin

Hi Shrimpbox73
I am planning to go to the Well Spouse meeting next month in Manalapan. Are you going? It would be great to meet face to face.
Lin

Well Spouse

Hi Shrimpbox73
I am planning to go to the Well Spouse meeting next month in Manalapan. Are you going? It would be great to meet face to face.
Lin

Yes I am planning to go.It is usually the second Tuesday of the month.I am hoping to be there.Looking forward to meeting you as well!

HI
Didn't see you at WellSpouse last night. How are things going for you?
Lin

I am sorry to hear about your husband. I also have an 8 year old boy. He is the one with the ALS. It is very terrible no matter what the age. I want you to know that I will pray for you, your boys, and your husband. I have learned to lean on Him, and He will strengthen us! Take care

meeting

HI
Didn't see you at WellSpouse last night. How are things going for you?
Lin

Hi Lin.I am sorry I missed the meeting.My husband got the final diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia.I have been having some coverage issues as well as a tight schedule trying to fit Christmas shopping .I e-mailed Donna but I will be there next month.I am going to a caregiver meeting for ALS at Brick hospital this tues night.How did you like the meeting? I found everyone to be soooo nice.Looking forward to meeting you next time.:lol:

Hi,
So sorry about your husband's new diagnosis. I will remember you in my prayers. My husband has started hallucinating at night from the Ambien he is on. We have stopped it but the dr says it takes several days to get out of his sytem....in the meantime, not much sleep. The meeting was nice...more social than anything, but very nice people. Good luck in Brick...let me know how that goes. We go to a support group at Robert Wood but it is for the PALS and caregivers. I really think the groups for caregivers alone are more helpful. Hope to see you next month.
Lin

Just wanted to confirm that the Joan Dancy support meeting for CALS held at Brick Hospital is very good. I hope to attend again this Tuesday, if DH has no objections (a long story). Maybe I will meet a couple of you. I do not live far from Freehold (my hometown) and am even closer to Manasquan.

Would love to meet in person. Send me a pm and we can get in touch.
Lin

Husband "final stages"

Wow! Thank ALL of you so much for replying. I feel horrible I haven't checked this in some time. Guess I was afraid wouldn't get any responses. All of you seem wonderful. This I believe is going to help me. Just recently I have decided to put Perry in a nursing home. His family is supporting me Thank God! Jan 5th is the day. I wanted to wait to have him home one more Christmas. The problem is that when we recieved the final DX of ALS, I promised him I would never do this. I meant that promise back then. He has been sick enough for a year now to be somewhere else and I haven't done it. I just physically, mentally cvannot keep doing this, nor can my sister in law. She has been out of work for 8 months now. Has used every bit of leave she has earned. I believe now my priority are my sons and their wee being. They are so young and have seen so much. People here every day. Perry wants to die here with all of us beside him. Not sure I want him to die here, knowing I will have to sleep in that bedroom every night and Parker and Peyton have to live in this house. I only pray now for Perry to find some peace. Think he'll die hating me for what I've done. Not going to let that ruin my life. I know he used to love me and the boys with ALL of his heart. He's so angry and resentful now, Hope at "that moment" he is at peace. Thanks again to all of you for your thoughtful and helpful replies. Can't wait to here from you again.

Would like to know more about the "well spouse". You sound very sweet, and very understanding.

leigh ann

Wishing your family a Merry Christmas~Hoping your children have a wonderful time over the holidays!

You and your SIL treat each other to a well deserved break!

Leigh Ann- don't feel bad for not checking in often. We know life gets away from PALS and CALS. Hope your Christmas went well, with lots of happy memories. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back