Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the good ideas and encouragement

Thanks to everyone for your ideas........

Granny, thanks for your ideas and encouragement.

Dana, It is so nice your parents have bedrooms and a full bathroom on the mainfloor, that would really solve our problem, we only have a bedroom and a half bathroom, so eventually we will have to put a shower in on the main floor.

Dave, I read the list of supplements you take. My husband takes some of them and we will try some of the ones you listed.

Mary Helen Barr, we were thinking of a stairlift, but like you, some people we talk to seem to think it might not be a good idea.

Marcia A , thanks for the 2-story house ideas, I guess we will have to put a handicapped shower in on the main floor soon.

John1, I really like your ideas, the way you take charge of your situation - with your scooters and your minivan is inspiring, you seem to be so independent. I will tell my husband all about them and see which ones he would like to do. Thanks again

John,
My sister's concern was if she was shifting and had to make a quick turn or something...she wasn't sure if her left hand would be strong enough to grip the wheel and not crash. The other piece to the puzzle is that she's the Director of Traffic Safety for the state of Minnesota...so safety is a priority with her. I'll be sure to tell her about the modifications that can be made to a car/van. Thanks for your help!
Marcia

Marcia,

I definitely think a spinner knob would help her with the weak hand problem.

-John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back