Reason
Other
Country
US
State
ky.
City
louisville
I just was wondering if anyone else on here had problems with their insurance companies and diagnostic test. My Dr. last week said with my pain and with what we suspect is wrong I need another MRI. He was worried they would not approve it since I have had two this year. But this is for something different. The last one I had to have took 2 weeks or better to be approved. I have been waiting since last week and still no answer, while I am here in #10 pain most the time and taking to many percocets and xanax which I have never been on before. I am sleeping 3 and 4 hrs during the day and maybe 7 at night, which is a lot for me. I am sleeping sound when I sleep which is also not normal and have been sweating like crazy while I am a sleep. I have a low grade fever which my Dr thinks is normal for what is going on but it makes a not so attentive mommy. So does anyone know how to speed up the process at all.

HI renee,

sorry to hear about the paper work problem, that is the last thing you need. what insurance do you have?
we have a rep that I can call and we do. I would call the insurance company your self, the squekey wheel gets the oil. Maybe you have called, I dont know? but dont wait for your doctor's office and insurance company to cordinate.

thanks

I have Humana, which you would think would be good. I even pay for private insurance since we are self employed, and that cost a pretty penny,{boy did I just date myself with that sentence}. My kids make fun of my " old school talk". I have not tried calling myself but probably will try that if I call the Dr. today and there is still no MRI scheduled. thanks

Oh I get it, we are self employed and have blue cross blue shield. we pay a pretty penny and it does not include dental or vision, so we pay for all that out of pocket plus the hefty monthly bill. People that get insurance through work dont understand what bonus that is on top of their salary. The only good thing is that through all this, they have paid for everything with no questions. I have never waited. And mind you before all this nuerology stuff, I was in the hospital 3x and er and my daughter was in the hosp 2x and Er 3x! needless to say we have maxed out our deductible. I told my husband to get a vesectomy, so we can take maternity off our plan and that can save us a few hundred dollars a month. I think he is scared.....

Mine is cheaper because I can not conceive. We were with Blue cross but they wanted me to pay for maternity insurance because I was child bearing years even though I had a hysterectomy at 24 years old. So we went to Humana a lot cheaper because they took that into account. You might want to check with blue cross before your husband gets clipped lol because some insurance companies do not care about the husbands abilities only the wifes { they would not be thinking we would cheat would they}.lol.

oh thanks, that is a great point! I should have had them tie my tube (only have one) while they did the c-section but I did not want any extra fussing down there. I will check, but he is getting clipped!

April,

I agree with letting him get clipped.... My husband refuses to do it.... Even my dr said it is easier for the man to do it, and he is a man.

I had an emergency c-section with my daughter and the epiduaral wore off, so they had to put me to sleep.
It all happened so fast, I didn't even think about getting my tubes tied. I would have right there and then.

Last edited:
crystal

I had a tubal miscarriage and when they went in to take out the tube, I had a complication that landed me back in the hosp for a week and half. They cut one of my blood vessels and i was hemmoghe..ok..how do you spell that, anyway, I almost died and It freaked me out! I was not even awake for like 5 days, My lungs collapsed my bowels shut down and it did not look good! Jack was only 14 months and we just opend our company. It was bad, I made it and I dont want anyone touching my tubes! IN hindsight, I should have done it. I just had post tramatic stress or something and said NO.

SO, my brother in law got the clip and said it was not that bad at all!

April,

I don't blame you! My brother in law also had it done and went back to work after the procedure.
It is more invasive for a women and there is a recovery period.

My hubby finally agreed to get clipped when we had our 3rd son at the age of 40! He had always said he was going to die with what he came with.
then that little menopausal surprise came into our lives.
A frozen bag of peas and the couch with the remote nearby was all he needed for about 24 hrs afterward.
hugs,
brenda

As Im reading troubles of us citizens with insurance, Im glad im living here - there are no limits, I have had 5 MRI per year 4 years ago and nobody cared, Im visiting neuro ER everytime I want to reassurance :D
Anyway, here its illegal to dont have insurance, but its not expensive (about 240 USD monthly).

Blizna ... I am glad that you have such good coverage. (As do our neighbors to the north!) Maybe one of these days, the U.S. will get it right. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back