jennibf

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
AL
City
Centreville
So first, I believe I am losing my mind. For days I have been saying that my fasics are in my right leg calf. It was my front right thigh! :roll:

So today around noonish (just after the full body bone scan) the fasics in my thigh slowed down and while they weren't as visible I could still feel them and THEN I notice that they are in my calf but not as strong and in my buttocks (both). Has anyone experience this?

I was waiting at the bookstore for my husband to give a speech. He kept asking if I thought I had bone cancer and what all this meant- I think he was a bit freaked after hearing the people at the hospital today. So I immediately came home and did what I swore I would not do.....consulted dr. google about all of my crazy symptoms and the new things they mentioned today. I'm laughing at myself as I type this....

So anyway, I had nothing to do in the bookstore except read books (yes, something aside from medical) and watch and feel fasics. I even came up with a song about them...I'll share some other time.

Back to the question, is this how your fasics are---again, benign or otherwise. Still in my thigh but traveling to my calves, and buttocks.

Is there an edit button? Please forgive my tired writing this evening.

Edit Button

Yes, there is an edit button and I've been using it a lot. After you post your message, you can see the "edit" button on the bottom right of your posted message. Click on it, edit the text and click "save" and poof! you're done!:-D

Last edited:
I can't edit either. While lurking here and there on this site, I read that you have to have posted at least 12 times to have editing ability. I don't know if that figure is accurate or not.

That is probably accurate and you only have two more to go!

I don't know about the number of postings but the Edit button is only available for a certain period of time after you Submit the post.

jennibf,

Getting back to your question about fasciculations, it seems they can start anywhere and spread to anywhere and be evident in more than one place at one time. They can be benign or pathological. The EMG and muscle biopsy are used to help determine the case.

You will find that folks on this forum have experienced fascics and twitching in all sorts of places on their bodies.

A good neuro exam will tell the tale!

Zaphoon

HI-

I get them in those places. The ones I get in my thighs at first were visable through my jean! I dont get those that often and I am not sure they are fasics or spasms. I get them in butt, thighs, legs. I use to have ones that I felt all the time, now I dont have them as much. I feel them on and off through the day, not at all like in the spring. BUT, I get the ones that you see but cant feel. I will feel a buzzing type feeling on my foot and look, really look, and Iw will see the that dreaded little heartbeat like twitch in my foot. it will last a few hours to 48 hrs. so I guess I have all kinds of them and the ones on the face. I hate them! it is like you are fine and going about your day and they just pop up and taunt you!

take care

Jeff is right. You both should have full access and the edit feature is only active for about half an hour I think.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back