Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if we all listened to this guy then there would be no forum.

So Jason- what happened to the ignore feature? I thought you were going to make use of this. As for this forum - it serves several uses. A quick poke around will give insight into the day to day realities of living with ALS or caring for someone with ALS. We do a lot more around here than try to diagnose people sight unseen. :lol: As if anybody could get a DX over the Internet, anyway!

I'm not sure which post was first, this one or the one in my other thread. But the ignore feature is working very well for me now. It appears to have driven away the negative voices. It’s a little unfortunate as I’m sure they know more than I do about ALS, but what they know about ALS is overshadowed by their ignorance in the people skills department.

Get over yourself. Wright could care less you somehow blocked him from your thread. There are plenty of people on here that appreciate him and there will be plenty more to come. Sorry he "hurt your feelings." Grow a pair.

Get over yourself. Wright could care less you somehow blocked him from your thread. There are plenty of people on here that appreciate him and there will be plenty more to come. Sorry he "hurt your feelings." Grow a pair.

I can see that you are upset and for that I am sorry. If I understand your phrase “grow a pair”, it’s meant to provoke anger, but I’m not here to be angry. I’m hear to learn from people like Rose, Lydia, Cindy and many others who have actually been able to share valuable insights and do it graciously. As for what wright has posted to my threads, it’s been much like what you have posted, condescending and meant to be something more than just helpful information about ALS. So I will refrain from returning your insult and advising you to “grow a pair” and free yourself from wright worship. For all you know he is a 40 year old gamer living in his parents basement with nothing else to do but pretend to be important.

I guess you didn't read my post from your other thread. I talked to Wright on the phone and when he called me, it was from a medical school at a university. When we talked he answered all of my questions with a lot of knowledge and did it one after the other. He is for real, so don't come on here and start accusing someone of being a fake. I also know that other people have talked to him and got the same impression. He doesn't have to do that but he does. I was semi-cordial to you but you just raised my blood pressure a bit. By the way, I think when Hardy42 said "grow a pair" he means stop being such a freakin' baby.

fmarino,
Thank you for being semi-cordial that one time and I am truly sorry to learn that your blood pressure is high, that's not what this fourm should be about.
Do you have anything useful to say about the symptoms of ALS? There are a number of people here would actually like to learn more about that subject. Followers of this wright fellow will not find him here.

My blood pressure is just fine, Jason. Thanks for your concern. I've already learned plenty about ALS from Wright and other people on here that don't ***** about their feelings being hurt. It doesn't look like I'll be learning anything from you accept how to check for clonus. Let us know how that works out and maybe you can start a thread that details how to do it. I'll let my neuro know so he can read it and finally be able to do it himself. Hey, I have another idea. Maybe you and your friend should google "cancer" and see if you develop a cure.

P.S. What did I mean by my last sentence in your other thread? Wright apologized to you but you chose to ignore it. I guess you were too busy wiping away your tears.

You asked a question, you got an answer. For some reason you decided to believe that answer was in some way derogatory and start making comments about some of the members and the board. Let me give you a hint that's not the best way to introduce yourself to a community.

Let me give you a few simple facts that have been stated on this board many times and can be easily found with a search. The diagnosis of ALS REQUIRES the presence of:

1. Lower motor neuron degeneration as seen with EMG
  2. Upper motor neuron degeneration as witnessed by clonus and/or spasticity
  3. Progressive spread of symptoms or signs within a region or to other regions
All of that must be present together with the absence of:
  1. EMG and pathological evidence of other diseases process that might explain the LMN and UMN degeneration
  2. Neuroimaging evidence of other disease processes that might explain the signs

Now based on what you've posted thus far you have NONE of the above and therefor DO NOT have ALS by definition.

Now having said that I would like to add some more. Read what it says at the top of the page "for individuals affected by ALS/MND". I understand your fear but this forum is not just for your information it is for support of Caregivers and PALS. People that are watching loved ones wither or are themselves diagnosed. Do yourself and the rest of us a favor ask your questions but drop the drama queen routine. We have enough drama dealing with the disease, we don't need more here.

One more piece of advice. Since you decided to use your email address as your name it took me all of about 30 seconds to find your name, your wife's name, your home address and your telephone number and that wasn't even trying. I would recommend you message Al or David to change it for you.

My blood pressure is just fine, Jason. Thanks for your concern. I've already learned plenty about ALS from Wright and other people on here that don't ***** about their feelings being hurt. It doesn't look like I'll be learning anything from you accept how to check for clonus. Let us know how that works out and maybe you can start a thread that details how to do it. I'll let my neuro know so he can read it and finally be able to do it himself. Hey, I have another idea. Maybe you and your friend should google "cancer" and see if you develop a cure.

P.S. What did I mean by my last sentence in your other thread? Wright apologized to you but you chose to ignore it. I guess you were too busy wiping away your tears.
Why would continue to try to provoke me? Is it that you’re under a lot of stress caused by the things that have driven you to this website. If so, then I may be able to help you. The things that are hurting you deep down inside cannot be fixed with medicine. Feel free to send me a private note anytime.

You asked a question, you got an answer. For some reason you decided to believe that answer was in some way derogatory and start making comments about some of the members and the board. Let me give you a hint that's not the best way to introduce yourself to a community.

Let me give you a few simple facts that have been stated on this board many times and can be easily found with a search. The diagnosis of ALS REQUIRES the presence of:

1. Lower motor neuron degeneration as seen with EMG
  2. Upper motor neuron degeneration as witnessed by clonus and/or spasticity
  3. Progressive spread of symptoms or signs within a region or to other regions
All of that must be present together with the absence of:
  1. EMG and pathological evidence of other diseases process that might explain the LMN and UMN degeneration
  2. Neuroimaging evidence of other disease processes that might explain the signs

Now based on what you've posted thus far you have NONE of the above and therefor DO NOT have ALS by definition.

Now having said that I would like to add some more. Read what it says at the top of the page "for individuals affected by ALS/MND". I understand your fear but this forum is not just for your information it is for support of Caregivers and PALS. People that are watching loved ones wither or are themselves diagnosed. Do yourself and the rest of us a favor ask your questions but drop the drama queen routine. We have enough drama dealing with the disease, we don't need more here.

One more piece of advice. Since you decided to use your email address as your name it took me all of about 30 seconds to find your name, your wife's name, your home address and your telephone number and that wasn't even trying. I would recommend you message Al or David to change it for you.

Wow. Thank you for your insight. You could defiantly teach that other guy a thing or two about how to concisely organize the symptoms of ALS. It’s kind of shocking that it would take this long for someone to answer the question but I am thankful for your post nonetheless.
As for the rest of what you said. Maybe I’m in the wrong place. I thought the thread read “Do I have ALS, Is this ALS?” I’ll have to double check that because that’s were I wanted to be.

As for my wife’s name and my home address. I call your bluff. Go ahead and show the results of you search into my private life. And do stop by if your ever in the area:)

Sorry Jason what you are going through, there is alot of people on here going through alot of health issues. You are not the only one. Count yourself blessed for the health that you do have.

I think it would be wise to just let it go. Keeping things fired up on here is not the answer. What are you solving? You are just adding more fuel to the fire. People here have tried to answer your questions. You don't want to accept the answers you are given.

I do hope you get the help that you need. Blessings to you.

I for one just went to the website of your home page (it's part of your email address as I'm sure you know) and did a "reverse phone number search" that revealed the address and that took about 10 seconds. It probably wouldn't be hard to go further but you are not worth the oxygen it would take. Congratulations on being the most annoying person this forum has ever seen. You just managed to alienate the two smartest people on this forum (ZenArcher and Wright). They are very respected around here. We look after our own so you are outnumbered. Goodluck getting answers.

Sorry Jason what you are going through, there is alot of people on here going through alot of health issues. You are not the only one. Count yourself blessed for the health that you do have.

I think it would be wise to just let it go. Keeping things fired up on here is not the answer. What are you solving? You are just adding more fuel to the fire. People here have tried to answer your questions. You don't want to accept the answers you are given.

I do hope you get the help that you need. Blessings to you.

Thanks L4dybugg,

I am sorry if I offended anyone. I’m glad I continued to press because the answer I was looking for did eventually come. I can accept that it would be best for me to leave the forum as I now have people looking for my home address and the names of my wife and children. Thanks for your help.

Jason

I normally would not even consider replying to a thread like this one, but I gotta say, Jeff, you have class as well as intelligence! Well done.

I'm not quite sure why I warrant your pity but so be it. Whether the information is correct or not the fact remains that you should not use your email address in any web based application that is searchable for reasons that have been discussed many times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back