Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
US
State
wa
City
everett
i forgot to add, my mom has a really hard time sleeping.. she just does not sleep more than an hour max at a time.. she gets up and out of bed then gets back in.. moving is so hard for her, but she manages to get up ever 20 mins.. he muscles cramp up constantly.. the neurologist gave her some muscle relaxers, but she still gets up and down.. is this normal?
could she be so out of it (referring to my last post.. help) from not sleep well?
sorry for all the questions.. there is so much I want to ask..

My mum is exactly the same, I think it is hard for them to relax. I know with my mum when she lies down her breathing is very bad and sometimes gets so bad she has an anxiety attack, she finds it much more comfortable in a sitting positions and sometimes sleeps like that but again 2 hours without getting up is a bonus. Put plenty of pillows so that she is almost upright, they find this more comfortable, and its just getting into position really. She sometimes takes a relaxer but i find these make her drowsy and dopey and not so much sleepy. Also if you ask the doctor for Quinine tablets, these stop cramping almost immediately and my mom swears by them, her cramps in her legs used to be really bad, making her jump up all night. You will find quinine in tonic water, so buy plenty of this for soft drinks throughout the day.

Hope this helps

my brother mostly sleeps for short periods of time (2 hours) he says he can't get comfortable on his side but if he lays on his back he says he can't breath, even with the Bipap. Also he feels the need to get up and go to the bathroom quite often. So I don't know if this is what most people find but with Buddy it's just a couple of hours at a time

God Bless
Lerg

Emma, a lack of sleep can definitely affect someone's mental state. Perhaps some sleep aids would help her. Ask the neuro about this. She needs rest to help stay mentally alert.

Blessings,
BethU

thank you for all your input.. it is really nice to hear from people that are kind of going through the same thing

Emma- ask you Mom's doctor to prescribe some Quinine. It realy helps with the cramps. If not for quinine, I'd not be able to sleep a wink!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back