CB1977

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
oh
City
columbus
I have read on the internet interesting articles linking statins and ALS. My questions is this- I have taken CQ-10 INSTEAD of Lipitor for high cholesterol for the past 2 years. My doctor told me that CQ-10 has the same active ingrediant as Lipitor. If this is true, logic would say that CQ-10 could also cause ALS...correct? I am now having some symptoms that could be ALS, but I am far from a diagnosis. I have also read though that CQ-10 might help slow progression...so what is the deal? Is CQ-10 safe or no? Here is a link of a website that I was reading.

[
CB in Ohio

Last edited by a moderator:
Statin drugs have been linked in a study to accelerate progression of ALS but no relation to it Causing ALS was found at the time. I've never heard of CO Q10 being used to lower cholesterol. Just a guess but maybe 7 of 10 taking supplements for ALS are taking COQ10. I don't think I've ever heard of adverse effects either.

AL.

STOP READING ALL OF THE SHIT THAT IS ON THE INTERNET. That is exactly what got you so worried about a disease there is no evidence you have.

There is no link between Lipitor and ALS . . . NONE! A side-effect of Lipitor can be muscle weakness, but that's where it stops. I'm not even going to bother reading that link, because it would be a complete waste of keystrokes.

Co-Q10 is a powerful anti-oxidant and I assure you, it doesn't cause ALS.

Go relax and sit tight before your neuro appointment.

I just went back to that link and they were selling way too much crap for my liking. I removed it.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back