Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
I went to my appointment yesterday.... Still no help. Doctor wants me to see his superior (his boss.) I told him i was too tired to keep up with all of this, that if he could not give diagnosis there was no sense in seeing his superior. Doc then asked if i wanted to go to Mayo or Hopkins. I said the same thing, and he discouraged me from not going forth with stopping of appointments. He made an appointment for me with his boss. When i told my mother what happened she looked up info about Mayo and wrote me a letter that i received when i returned home. She said she would pay for air fare and everything and that i should go. She said there is one in Jacksonville Fl. At the appointment my husband asked what concerned him the most and the doc said that i have brisk reflexes and clonus in my left ankle, and inability to release grasp. MY biggest problem is seeing my body change from muscle wasting and getting weaker. My emotions are crazy and my bank account empty. I dont think i can go on another journey with a whole new rounds of tests and what not, i am getting so drained. Physically and emotionally. I wish everyone would just let me go.

I went to my appointment yesterday.... Still no help. Doctor wants me to see his superior (his boss.) I told him i was too tired to keep up with all of this, that if he could not give diagnosis there was no sense in seeing his superior. Doc then asked if i wanted to go to Mayo or Hopkins. I said the same thing, and he discouraged me from not going forth with stopping of appointments. He made an appointment for me with his boss. When i told my mother what happened she looked up info about Mayo and wrote me a letter that i received when i returned home. She said she would pay for air fare and everything and that i should go. She said there is one in Jacksonville Fl. At the appointment my husband asked what concerned him the most and the doc said that i have brisk reflexes and clonus in my left ankle, and inability to release grasp. MY biggest problem is seeing my body change from muscle wasting and getting weaker. My emotions are crazy and my bank account empty. I dont think i can go on another journey with a whole new rounds of tests and what not, i am getting so drained. Physically and emotionally. I wish everyone would just let me go.

Sammantha, I'm so sorry you didn't get any answers. My heart really goes out to you. I know you were counting on learning something new! And , no, absolutely not, no one wants to just let you go! ~ or should they. Your family needs you so much, and even here on the board, you're such an asset!

What tests did you have? Did you see just the one doctor? ... really, you can't stop now ~ you've finally got your health insurance again. Its a bump in the road, but eventually you're going to get some answers, and this is so important to keep trying, because whatever it is, if it will respond to treatment, the sooner the better. BIG BIG ((hugs))

I echo rose's sentiment. We all have a purpose on this earth, to love God and one another.

Sam,

I am sooooooo sorry and know where you are coming from its very frustating. If your mom is offering to pay why don't you go. I'm sure she can't stand to see you suffer with frustration anymore either. Even though we are grown our parents worry about us the way we worry about are little children. When did your nuero make the appointment with his boss for? I always admire how strong you are with how much you have on your plate. Please hang in there your family needs you.

Sam,

I just feel for you sooo much. It is so frustrating to not have answers. I would take your mom's offer and go to Mayo. I will pray for peace for you and your family!

Take care,

april

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back