Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so worried.. I'm trying to be positive and think that all these strange symptoms I'm having are nothing but it's really troublesome. I have been having twitches all day in my right arm and right hand. I was holding the mouse on my computer and my pinky just started twitching it did it 4 times in a row. The upper part of my arm has been twitching and the upper part of the back of my right leg. It all seems to be mainly on the right side. I started having strange things happen a couple of years ago. I was holding my curling iron curling my hair and I couldn't finish my arm felt so heavy. I went to neuro different one than I'm seeing now he did emg/ncv was all normal then and also mri but not with contrast so I don't know how much that would tell re: MS. It seems I have progressively gotten worse. I didn't even know much about ALS until these twitches started and I found it on the computer as a great amount of others have.

I wish you the best of luck at your mri tomorrow. I just had one of brain and cervical spine myself last Friday. I'm having similar twitching, numbness etc., mine all on the left. The mri showed bone spurs on c4-5 and c5-6 with effacement of spinal cord (guess that means touching spinal cord) as well as narrowing of the ap canal. I now have appointment with neurosurgeon tomorrow because neurologist doesn't think that it's severe enough to be causing all my symptoms. So, I know how anxious you are and what you are going through. It's so hard to stay calm and positive when you just don't know what's going on with your own body and neither do the docs. I hope it goes well for you.

Michele,

Did you have any symptoms between the tired arm a couple of years ago until a couple of months ago with
the twitching?
Are you taking anything for anxiety?

My Dr. put me on Zoloft and valium last week but I discontinued the Zoloft as it was making me feel strange I have not taken it in three days. She also gave me valium but I only take it as needed. I've taken it twice I think.

Oh and the symptoms I've had between are sore muscles. It often feels as though I've exercised a whole lot but haven't. I have also had this strange sensation that I've got a lump in my throat. I've had two cat scans done as well as been to the ent regarding that issue. Nothing has been found. Like I said it's been really strange stuff. That was all last year. My pcp has done every blood test imaginable. I have recently noticed that when climbing stairs I feel as though I've ran a marathon and can barely make it. The twitching stuff just started recently which is what lead me to this site. It seems to be getting worse. Does twitching with als only happen after you've exerted the muscle or can it happen at rest. Mine happens at rest mostly. It seems to be mainly in my upper right arm and today in the right pinky and below the pinky.

Hi michellepc

I was prescribed somthing that did not work that well either and called my doctor to change. She put me on Lexapro, I think that is more for anxiety. It helped with my crying and fear, also the tight feeling in my throat. I have to take a sleeping pill at night because of the worry. The lexapro helps me alot.

I hope that everything goes OK for you. I had the tired arm thing on and off for 15 years. I remember it was bad 12 years ago, I could not even dry my hair or pump the hair spray bottle with out it making my arm tired. I have had it through out the years but I never went to the docter about it after the one time. My little sister said she has trouble with drying her hair also. She had to change postions at work because her hands would ache with the procedures (she was a dental asst). not to mention one sister cant carry shopping bags for long or her hand hurts and her wrists hurt will typing, my 3rd sister gets horrible cramps for months. MY point is that some of these problems can be normal, so to speak. (my family is getting real sick of my polling them all the time about things!)

Maybe you have carpul tunnel from typing? MY sister has this very bad. Well, I can relate and I wish you well at the doctors. If you fear a neuro proplem and you walking, you will have to be pushy for the tests. And be pushy! I know how hard it is to focus when your twitching, it is a reminder that something just is not right. But my right hand twiched below pinkey for 2-3 weeks and then stopped. I can still use it.

Take care,

April

I just noticed about the lump, I have that also. It has come and went. And I think that I had that before anything else. Did your ent do any special tests? I am going to the ent on monday for that along with hoarseness. My muscles feel real sore also, and I have a strange feeling in my right leg. I get tired climbing just the stairs in my house, but I can do it. I feel your pain, I have has small strange things and then BAM the twitching and tiredness. Let us hope for anything else.

april

I actually went to two ent's the first one did nothing said I was fine. The second looked for nodes on my vocal chords there was none. I had first went to the ER re: the issue and they did a cat scan... nothing. So I don't know it's so fustrating! I haven't been nearly as concerned until this twitching stuff started. It is really freaking me out!

ps. bless you with 3 boys! I have 2 boys and a baby girl. The boys are so cute but sooo much work as toddlers. so far the baby girl has been wonderful. I understand your fears with 3 young kids, as I am in the same boat~ I'm 36 with a 6yr old, 4 yr old and a 8 month baby. It is really scary. But I have better days now then I did before in the start of this all. Hug those boys extra tight tonight, I know I do!

Well I had an ncv/emg yesterday on the upper extremities which showed nothing so I'm guessing that is great! And today I do the lower. I did stop taking some medication (Zoloft) which my pcp had put me on for anxiety that I believe increased the twitching it was either that or ambien I discontinued them both and have only been getting random twitches as I was before. The neuro also ordered a bunch of blood tests from electrolyte to thryoid so we'll see what is going on I hope! I'll keep you all informed of the situation. God bless you all!

michelle,

Congrats with the upper part being normal....Good luck with with lower part today..... Let us know how it went.

good luck and great news on the emg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back