Reason
Other
Country
US
State
CA
City
LA
Does HGH or steroids do anything to help with the wasting this disease causes? Has anyone tried? I need SOMETHING to give me hope. I feel so hopeless.

That too is a question I always wondered ? because doesn't a steroid help to build muscle?

Wendy

Yes steroids will help build muscle but only in a healthy neuromuscular system as far as I know. Wish I could give you something more positive SJ and Wendy.
AL

I assume you are refering to AAS (Anabolic Adrogenic) steroids. If so, I think the side effects of steroids would out weigh the benefits of it's use. Plus, just taking steriods doesn't build muscle. You need a combination of taking steroids and an intense workout. It's not a "magic pill" but it's self. Sorry.

I forgot to add.....taking steroids and NOT working out could result in an enlarged heart. Thats because the heart would be the only working muscle and thats where the drug would focus.

Steroids take on whatever form the user is using them for. For example: a bodybuilder uses them to build muscle. A runner uses them to run faster etc. Therefore, the steroids are going to focus on the muscle(s) being exerted. In a case where you take steroids and don't workout the only muscle being exerted is the heart.

I'm not a doctor but this is the way I understand it based on my research.

I asked a few more questions at our last visit and it does seem that it would not help. The nurse told me that because the problem is not the muscle but the nerve that tells the muscle how to work that no matter how may muscles you have it has no bearing on the nerve that moves them. Which when I sat and thought about it really made sense.

Sadly,
Wendy

Yes that is true the nerve signal is the problem thats wasting the muscle Unforunately there is no cure or real treatment. Keep a posiive attitude and prayer thats what I have.and it keeps me going.

Pat 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back