Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Vancouver
Does anyone have a home bp testing device they recommend? There seem to be lots out there, from super cheap to more expensive. So many, in fact, it's hard to decide and I'd just be closing my eyes and picking at random.

tia

Arm not wrist. Once you pick one take it to your next appointment and check it against theirs.

Otherwise no input

Omron's are pretty reliable. It's good to have a memory function so you can start to see patterns around time of day, etc. unless you want to record readings yourself. And the right size cuff (e.g. larger or smaller than standard if you need it).

Other than that, there are no bells and whistles that mean much, unless you need a two-user setup for storing the data. So going by the comparison chart on their site, something relatively cheap like the BP629N should be fine. They're on Amazon.

We have a Kroger brand for the arm and it seems reliable — “Premium automatic blood pressure monitor”. Was under $50.

Don’t know American brands but in general the arm ones are more reliable than the wrist ones.
Smooth vibes good

My husband had labile blood pressure for many years and his doctor required him to take it 3 X a day. He had the upper arm cuff Omron with memory . The first one lasted for around 7 years and we bought another Omron, I think we paid in the $50 range for both. The first one had a " D Ring " cuff which we much preferred to the second which had a " PreFormed " cuff, we could get it around his arm and snug more easily. Kate

Yes, the D ring cuffs are better, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back