Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad, please get it together. Your appointment is just around the corner so perhaps between now and then, stepping back from this site would be beneficial. You do not evidence ALS and your lack of ability to be reassured shows the depth of your health anxiety. Please wait until your appointment and bring these non-ALS question to your docs..

I hope you will believe them when they tell you you do not have ALS. You will not believe the folks here, so please at least believe the neuro.

Good luck to you.

Good afternoon! Just had my EMG. My PCP for some reason only referred me to have my carpal tunnel area checked. Long story short, I have carpal tunnel. He saw mild nerve degeneration. He stuck just my hands and one bicep. When I asked if anything looked like ALS he said no, he didnt see anything that looked like ALS. My last question before I leave for good, is just testing my one bicep and both hands enough to rule out ALS? He tested the side that I've had no issues on.

Yes, it is. Quite frequently the "no symptoms" side is tested since ALS shows EMG changes even in "unaffected" areas. Google carpal tunnel exercises -- lots of YouTube videos -- and try to keep your keyboarding ergonomic. And you might try some of the mouth dryness/acid strategies I listed earlier in the thread.

You are in the clear, so closing the thread. All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back