Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
MN
City
Minneapolis
I woke at 3:00 AM to give Brian his meds to find that he had passed on. I am happy for him that he is free of the body that had become his prison.

It was a relief to be able to call hospice and not even have to have them come out. The University of Minnesota Bequest Program was here by 4:30 AM to collect his body. So much kindness and dignity.

I sat and said some words to him while I waited. We had peace, we shared love absolutely. The last thing he said to me last week was that he loved me.

When the Chaplin was here yesterday, she said “We love you and we release you”. Indeed, I love him and I release him.

I am glad he is free as he wished to be. From what you have said it sounded like he wished to slip away when alone too. Thank you both for donating.

You did a awesome job. Wishing you peace and comfort.

Even at this time, I thought I should clarify something. Not everyone would feel as Brian did, and I mean no disrespect to anyone who choses, with great dignity to go forward mind and soul in a very disabled body.

It’s beautiful also to be a Stephen Hawkkng or a Steve Gleason or many of the people on this Forum, going as far and as long as you can.

It was simply not Brian’s choice, as body and identity were wrapped together for him in a manner that is hard even for me to fathom. It was only I think his passion for the political process and his great love for me that kept him here this long.

Respect and love to all PALS and their choices.

Lenore I am happy for Brian while I hold you tight. Now begins a new road for you, and it will be bumpy. However, please know I am walking this road with you and you are not alone.

There is no judgment here for anyone’s choice of how to deal with this beast. Each person has their reasons for doing as they do, they are as individual as this monster is to each person.

Hugs and love my friend. Know that you did the very, very best for Brian and he was very blessed to have you as his wife, partner and CALS.

hugs

Lenore, I am so grateful that this is over for both of you. Your love for Brian was always evident and you really inspired me to try to express my love more to my PALS. Wishing you comfort and peace.

Sharon

You have done a wonderful thing for Brian. He did it his way. That's so very important. Your truly an inspiration to us all and I wish you nothing but the very best in this new chapter of your life. You so deserve it. I listened to the Toby Keith song you mentioned kept coming on the jazz station. I pictured the two of you listening to it and it made me cry. So appropriate for the circumstances. Hugs to you Lenore. Jlynn

Oh Lenore,

You have done taken such amazing care of Brian. I completely understand how you feel. Take it one day at a time. These next few weeks will be a blur, but please remember to take a few minutes each day for you.... Just you!!!

Lenore, I have so much respect for both you and Brian.
I cried when I read your post.
But I’m glad he is free.
Peace to you.
I’m still walking with you.

It's a weird thing, to grieve, but to also to be glad that your loved one is free. The love you and Brian had for each other was obvious through your posts. I am so sorry for your loss. You did the most loving thing for him, to honor his wishes.

Lenore, I am so sorry. Your love and dedication to making sure Brian had the very best care came through in every post you made.

~F

Lenore,

Brian is looking down at you with so much love. I appreciate all you've shared since Brian's diagnosis. It both enlightened me and challenged me.

God bless you and comfort you.

Love and peace to you Lenore.

Only Hawking could be Hawking, and only Gleason could be Gleason.

Brian was Brian and his path and choices were right for him. Wrapping you in a hug, I hope you hold tight to that love he showed so clearly. You are amazing xxx

Lenore,

So sorry for your loss. Your and Brian’s love came through so clearly on this forum, I can only I imagining how deep it was/is.

As I have said before, you are an inspiration, wishing you peace.

Ann

Lenore,

We are so sorry for your loss. Our deepest sympathy goes to you and your family.

Lenore, your support for his journey and his last lap meant everything to him. The ability to decide "when and how" to leave disability behind is precious indeed.

Peace and strength for the next forks in your own road.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back