Diagnosis
04/2018
Country
US
State
GA
City
Someplace
It began as a feast day in honor of the martyrdom of the Priest and Bishop Valentine. It later became secularized into what many people observe today.

I've been told by some who are single it can be a difficult day. For those who may visit here, remember, YOU ARE LOVED. Those who have "gone before" love you still. You carry the happy memories of them in your mind and heart. Think of those things.

Remember too, you are a child of God, a beloved lamb He left the 99 safe ones to find and bring home.

https://sandguppy.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/jesus-loves-you-more-than-you-know.jpg

May today bring you warm memories of the joy you brought others by loving them, and the love you received and are still receiving.

Saint Valentine feast day
February 14 (Catholic, Anglican and Lutheran Churches)
July 6 and July 30 (Eastern Orthodox)

"Saint Valentine of Rome was a priest and bishop in the Roman Empire who ministered to Christians who were persecuted there.[4] He was martyred and buried at a Christian cemetery on the Via Flaminia close to the Ponte Milvio to the north of Rome, on February 14, which has been observed as the Feast of Saint Valentine (Saint Valentine's Day) since 496 AD.

The relics of Saint Valentine were kept in the Church and Catacombs of San Valentino in Rome, which "remained an important pilgrim site throughout the Middle Ages until the relics of St. Valentine were transferred to the church of Santa Prassede during the pontificate of Nicholas IV"." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Valentine

May Blessings abound. B.

Thank you, B. Growing up Catholic, I should have known that but I did not. I do remember calling it St. Valentine's Day but never knew the story behind it.

Thank you for the reminder.

When I get lonely I write poetry. Much of it is based on my Christian Faith. Here is one of them.

A Sinner’s Prayer

Your love is gentle and powerful
Your mercy overwhelms me
Your righteousness carves out a straight path
Your truth is perfect

How can I call You my God
My ways are filled with wickedness
Your holiness has broken me
And brought me to my knees

Your Word has pierced my heart
My God, my Lord, receive me through Your Son
So I can be clean in Your eyes