Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
US
State
VA
City
S
Dave passed away this evening at 5:30. I am surprised at how shocked I was, while expecting it all day?! I will post in the memoriam thread when I can compose my thoughts. Right now they are flying all over the place. Thank you all here for your support and encouragement. I can't tell you how much it has meant to me these past two years.

Mary

I went ahead and started this thread, Mary, as I know there will be many posts. You can let me know if you want it retitled.

Dave was very fortunate to have your courage and compassion on his side, especially when he could no longer think or speak for himself. You made a decision out of love that you will never have cause to regret.

Much peace and strength to you and your family.

Best,
Laurie

I'm very sorry for your loss, Mary. Glad you could just be his wife in the end.
Many more feelings might surprise you in the coming month, it's all normal. However you go on is the right way. Hope to meet you here when you feel it is healthy for you.
Hugs!

Sorry for your loss Mary. Thank you for being his caregiver.

I am very sorry for your loss. You did an awesome job as a care partner and now he is free. Be gentle with yourself

Be kind to yourself Mary. You have been through a journey that most never have to even think about. You did a lovely job. Your Dave was a very lucky man. Feeling your sadness and sending you a big hug. Jlynn

Mary, I'm so sorry for your loss of Dave. Hope you have peace and comfort in knowing you did the best for him throughout. Kate

Hugs Mary as you navigate the next week and coming months. You were a wonderful CALS and Dave knew inside and out. He is now flying free. Take time now to care for yourself.

Luv

I'm so sorry for your loss, Mary. Big hugs to you.

Mary, I am so sorry for your loss of Dave. You were an amazing caregiver and he was lucky to have you. I am glad that you were able to be "just a wife" at the end. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

Mary, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. So sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss, Mary

Angie

Sending you my love Mary. There are just not enough words xxx

Mary, very sorry for your loss. Condolences to you, your family and friends.

I’m sorry for your loss and sorry you had to go through this whole ordeal. I was impressed by how caring and attentive you were to Dave. Fly free Dave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back