Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
PT
State
Porto
City
Porto
Hey, im an 18 years old boy, who has been having for about a month painless muscle fasciculations pretty much all over my body especially on my arms and legs, and i've been worried sick this could be an early symptom of ALS.
I've already been to the GP, and he told me it is very unlikely i would develop that disease in my age, and that it normally comes with other symptoms such as muscle weakness and atrophy, still he made me do an EMG in the upper limbs (arms only) wich is kinda weird since i thought it should be done on the legs too, and the results came out normal, but im still worried that since it may be very early into this disease the EMG wouldnt have caught anythning, and i became so obsessed about this that im constantly , litteraly at every minute checking my muscle strenght by doing either push ups or something else, i know this could be caused by anxiety or something else, but i would greatly appreciate some advice or reassurance from someone !

No weakness, no atrophy, the EMG of your arms is plenty given your concerns and it was not "too early."

You don't have ALS. You do have anxiety, as evidenced by your need to constantly check your strength. Ask your GP for help or a referral to someone who can help you get past the anxiety before it takes over your healthy life. Meanwhile, hydration, bananas and more thought to your sleep wouldn't hurt.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back