Diagnosis
12/2017
Country
US
State
OR
City
HOOD RIVER
Hi, I'm Nikki. My husband was diagnosed with ALS last December. I have spent the last year lurking on this site and finally feel like I am getting to the point where I may want to start asking questions. My husband Colin is 51. I am 36 and I have a 9 and 11 year old whom he is stepdad to. He has what we think is a slow progressing form of ALS, but then again its hard to compare. It started in his hands and is impacting his tongue a little at this point (a year in). He is a mountain bike photographer, so its been a year of bucket-list adventures. We are on round 5 or 6 of radicava and have a great Doctor/ALS clinic in Portland, OR. As I prepare myself for my role as a CALS and full time working mother, I know this is going to be really hard and that this forum will be very helpful.

Welcome, Nikki. I'm glad Colin is pursuing his bucket list. I'm sure some of your fellow Oregonians will chime in. Of course, we'll support you however we can.

Best,
Laurie

I’m here to welcome you as a fellow Oregonian. I’m glad you found us.

Welcome to the forum

Colin might also want to ask questions ,
Many of our members are athletes

Chally

Hi Nikki, and welcome. I'm glad you've decided to join in the discussion. Ask away--or just chat. As you already know, this is a wonderful group.

Becky

Welcome Nikki

Welcome! You will find lots of helpful folks here.

Steve

Welcome aboard NikKi

Angie

Welcome, Nikki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back