07/2017
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Victoria
Hi all,
I introduced my self a few weeks ago. Things then were sliding down the slippery slope with great speed, Ron's breathing was so shallow, unable to speak, , long agonizing choking and coughing spells, Using his neb and puffer more and more often... He finally relented and used some lorazepam which helped enough he was able to hang on long enough to get our Medically Assisted Death arranged and he passed peacefully in his chair on Friday Oct 26th with me, his brother and sister in law holding his hands. Soooo grateful we live in Canada and are able to have some control and die in dignity. He fought this monster with every ounce of himself until he could no more. It's been a week since he has passed, my first response was relief, his suffering was over. my only promise to him was to make sure he died on his own terms, and that happened. . MId week, I had a bad day , just wished he would come home now.... celebration of life was today, shared with 100 people that loved him almost as much as I did.. that felt good..... tomorrow.... who knows. . Thanks Laurie for reaching out and offering advice.. at that point Ron was too afraid to try any changes to his BiPap as he just couldn't cope with any thing new. Dira

Re: CALS Roll Call Continued

Dira, I'm truely sorry for your loss! Good he went on his terms and surrounded by loved ones. In my opinion it makes a great difference to be able to say goodbye and know that you've tried everything to help him. I hope you find tons of support and good company in the friends he left behind.

Dira, I'm glad to hear Ron went out on his terms while sorry that he is no longer with you. Much peace and strength to you and your family.

Best,
Laurie

I’m glad he had that option available to him.
I’m so sorry for your loss.

I am very sorry for your loss but glad he is free.

Peace and comfort to you

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you focus on doing something kind for yourself and find comfort that he is free.

Dirá I am so very sorry for your loss. Praying for peace and comfort for you.

Hugs

Sorry for your loss glad he’s free

I'm so sorry for your loss, E. I'm glad your love got to choose when to fly free on his own terms. Hugs to you.

Dira, I am so sorry for your loss but glad that Ron was able to pass peacefully. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

Dira, I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad that your Ron was able to exit peacefully and on his own terms.

So sorry for your loss

Angie

May the love of family and friends help comfort you. So very sorry for your loss. B.

Attachments

• Flying Free.jpg
    Flying Free.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 308
It's been a month since my Ron died. wow that went fast. I check in here on occasion, it breaks my heart to read the struggles I remember so freshly. And some we never even had to face. I am doing well, thanks to friends that have gathered round. I literally have not had a day alone yet.. walks, lunches, visits, boat rides, dinners, plays. I am saying yes to every invite. The house is so lonely esp in the evenings and in the hot tub. That was our time to talk, well when he still could anyway. I found myself having a genuine laugh today while out with friends for a hike... Tomorrow will likely put me back a week or two as Ron's work family is hosting a Celebration of Life for him.. He worked on a Military Base and knew 100's of people. It will be emotional for me but he would have been pleased , the retirement party he never had a chance to have. Take care dear people, you got this.

Thanks for checking in, Dira. I'm glad there's so many friends keeping you company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back