Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct there are a lot of clinics and hospitals with neurologist unfortunately most do not accept our Medicaid and they claim that I can not pay cash on his behalf because it's against the law to accept cash payment for someone with Medicaid. Believe me I have spent hours on end talking to different places and talking to his Medicaid provider to no avail. Even Parkland is saying there soonest appointment isn't until 2019. UNT also doesn't accept our Medicaid so we cant even visit the local ALS clinic

Sorry you are having these issues. If the condition becomes critical you should use an emergency room. The large hospital emergency rooms may have a neurologist there, or at least on call.

I have tried that too we have been to over 10 hospitals even out of the dallas area. They feel no sympathy because his regular vitals are normal I go to every one with him so I can tell them what I notice verses what he says he feels they offer motrin and extra strength Tylenol which does absolutely nothing and send us on our way. It's getting to the point where he doesn't talk as much besides five word sentences at a time. He says the more he talks it affects his breathing.his face looks more sunk in and his muscle tone is almost none existent but he isn't fat and he isn't losing weight he is gaining it in his stomach

Bella, while we here understand the need for answers, you will not find them here no matter how many symptoms you list or how many times you post about how your husband feels. It's simply a fact that all of your 22 posts have been answered and there really is no more folks here can add to speed up your husband receiving proper attention for whatever it is he is experiencing. If you feel the need for emotional support while your family is experiencing this upheaval, a counselor or therapist is recommended. You can also see your family doctor to help you with the anxiety this is obviously causing you.

And, you're right- emergency departments are no place to receive care for chronic conditions unless there is immediate life threatening symptoms that need to be dealt with. December is 4 weeks off. This is considered a decent time to wait for non emergency neurological appointments.

Best of luck with the upcoming appointment. Please let us know what the neurologist says and what they recommend are the next steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back