Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
HR
State
Croatia
City
ZAGREB
Before i was diagnosed, my neuro told me to provide him with my status of Cu and Zn in blood.
It was normal. What he could see from that test?
Now, more than year after dg. after many times confirmed dg, I'm waiting for newest results. Should i expect same value?

Before i was diagnosed, my neuro told me to provide him with my status of Cu and Zn in blood.
It was normal. What he could see from that test?
Now, more than year after dg. after many times confirmed dg, I'm waiting for newest results. Should i expect same value?

Hi jethro I presume it would be the same if not supplementing with CU or any anti CU supplementation.
Nice to hear you and posting as I may Have inadvertently mixed you up with someone else from Croatia ? who recently passed.

Take care dude.

Copper deficiency can cause neurological symptoms including weakness so is one of the many tests people have. I don’t know of a particular reason for recheck unless you are taking as TIANB says something that could affect it.

Several years ago a group of PALS on tdi tested and found they all seemed to have high free copper which is a different test. Some of them thought they benefited when they took zinc to reduce the free copper levels. If anyone wants to look at this do NOT just start taking zinc. My free copper was high and I did try zinc with my neuro’s permission. I was followed and my free copper went up and I became zinc toxic which was detected before any problems resulted

alive and kicking, except als :))
i cant accept prognosis, i cant accept neuro's second...twenty second thoght, i cant accept fact that immediatelly after i achieved all i wanted in my life - i was diagnosed with als, i cant help myself to accept all these fcts.
if i dont post, it doesnt mean that i can not do that. but i will...

oh, supplements... after taking b complex from solgar for a months, my b vit and folic accid had not elevate for a single unit. tomorrow ill check blood for d vit. after using solgars d vitamin 30000 i units for 2 months!

@nikki whenever i come to doctor, she asks me what i want (she didnt have even one pals in career), so since i am in procedure with pulmologist (more than a year, caused by unbearable cough) i have to provide him with Ige, Ca, Cl, AST, ALT, CK, CRP etcetc, so if they suck my blood for a 10 things, i'll give 2ml more to check 300 things more for free. that's my logic.
tomorrow i'll tell to pulmologyst that my cough disappeared. after all things i've done...
my als visibly started with unexpalined cough (rtg made in 2016, nothing found!). made alergy test, rtg again, metacholine test, bacteria test, FeNO, FVC 102%, FEV1/FVC 0,80... everything clear. cough was interesting to my neuro while i cough ("discrete bulbar als"), now it is not.

I had success getting my free copper down in the normal range. Actually, my local neurologist suggested testing it right after I received my diagnosis. My free copper was high but my serum copper and serum zinc were both mid-range normal.

I started Gluzin (the Zinc they use for Wilson's disease) and it worked. I get it retested every six months because, like Nikki says, severe abnormalities can happen. I only take 25 mg. of Gluzin each day with my first meal. I know other PALS who are more aggressive and take 50 mg twice a day and other where taking zinc just doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back