Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Seattle
I know I’m sure I am over reacting. And I don’t want to waste anyone’s time. I won’t continue to post here if everyone agrees this isn’t what I’m dealing with.

Every now and then I will randomly feel a dull ache sometimes in my shins and calf muscle and will travel up to my upper legs and even into my hip area. It feels kinda like a growing pain.

Sometimes after standing all day with it, I will feel some weird twitchy feelings inside the muscle but it’s not an actual twitch I can see. Just the only way to describe the feeling.

I’ve had the pain on and off for a few years now. Sometimes it happens a lot other times just once a month. Advil is usually enough to relieve the pain. Is this anything like the beginning of ALS?

Hi there- have a look at the link here: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-common-concerns-about-possible-symptoms.html to reassure yourself.

MND is a neurological disorder that causes an absence of or abnormal signals from the brain to muscles. Sensory issues are not a part of ALS. Intermittent symptoms are also not indicative of ALS. If your pain is causing you to ask online about ALS, it's time to visit with a doctor or physiotherapist to help work on reducing pain.

Best of luck

I'd check in with a podiatrist to get your gait/stance checked. You might need insoles, orthotics, new shoes, exercises. But you don't have ALS.

Best,
Laurie

I'm guessing you wear heels. Try flats for a week, that should fix things.
Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back