Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WA
City
Seattle
TIGLUTIK is planned as a mid-October launch in the US. It is already available in the UK and some other countries. Depending on who supplies your riluzole, you might want to start asking about it now if you're interested.

It can be used by mouth, or with a PEG with a water flush.

Last edited:
This is interesting, Laurie. But can’t generic Riluzole be crushed and flushed into a tube with water?

My experience with pharmaceuticals is that after a drug has gone generic, the manufacturer (or a competitor) will get a new patent out with a slightly tweaked rendition of the older generic drug. This allows them to charge more money for the new drug. It’s great if the new drug truly offers something different, but often it’s just a gimmick, IMHO.

It can, but the idea is to have a more consistent release profile, which should actually improve efficacy slightly for tubers from the data I've seen.

It would also be two fewer pills to crush/dissolve/administer per day. Unquestionably, many post-generic formulations are click-bait, but this one could I think actually fill a therapeutic niche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back