Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
West Yorkshire
City
Leeds
I’m a 20 year old male. for the past couple of weeks I’ve been experiencing symptoms, it all started when I was already in a worried state of mind from a recent health scare I got pins and needles all the way down from my knee to my foot in my left foot and it lasted a while.

With me having anxiety this set off alarm bells so I gave it a few days, I have like a cold feeling on my feet sometimes when I’m wearing shoes. Same happened to my left arm with the pins and needles then it didn’t feel right since, like a numb feeling it’s strange I get the occasional twitch sometimes when resting.

I visited the Doctor about my concerns she checked my circulation and checked for any blood clots then felt the leg to check they were similar with muscle mass, all was ok. She referred me for counciling and told me to return if symptoms don’t go away come back in a few weeks.

What do you guys think to my situation?

Last edited:
Shaun, if your post does not show up immediately, please do not post more. Wait for moderator approval- as per the pop up when you enter your post.

Please read: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-common-concerns-about-possible-symptoms.html

It has the answers for you with regards to sensations like pins and needles. ALS is not about sensation. Go to your counseling and return to your doctor for another exam if your symptoms persist. However, ALS is not in the picture.

Hey, sorry about that

Thankyou for the fast response I was just worried about feelings I were getting my doctor just put it down to anxiety

Pins and needles and cold feelings can be a sign to change your pillow, mattress, overlay, chair, footrest, etc. They're not a sign of ALS.

Walking and stretching out often help as well.

Best,
Laurie

Advice about Symptoms

I’m a 20 year old male.

Had a rough couple of months with a health scare. I randomly got pins and needles in one of my legs which caused me to magnify it. Since then my left arm gets some occasional pain at the elbow but the main concern is twitching I get it in all limbs, had the occasional one on my neck, back and eye recently too. I woke up the other night with a slight cramping pain in the leg too. I wouldn’t say there’s clinical weakness but my leg does feel abnormal sometimes (calf muscle feels stiff). I have been to my doctors with my symptoms but they just told me it was all down to anxiety.

Please give me your thoughts on the situation

Mod note- threads merged.

Shaun, please continue posting on your already open thread here. As Karen requests, read the pinned post she provided you a link to. You have already received the answers this forum is prepared to give with regards to sensory issues and twitching. If you have cramping and stiffness, visit with a physiotherapist to have a structural assessment and see if you need exercises or stretching to work out misalignment. If they see a need, they can communicate with your doctor about their observations.

Hey thanks for another answer I have given the thread another read for the Twitching section.

From what I gathered if you have twitching all over your body it’s rare it could be ALS?

Shaun,

Please work with your primary care doctor. Nothing you posted describes ALS and we do not offer general health advice.

I do try and discuss with my Doctor but they dismiss it for Anxiety. Thankyou for taking your time to respond :)

And how do you respond to their diagnosis? With an open mind so you can start a dialogue? If you just dismiss their opinion they will dismiss you. If you are willing to work with them and see what happens they are going to be more open to reconsidering if indicated

You said you were sent for counseling give it a chance. The counselor can turn into an advocate if needed later

Hello Nikki,

I just felt like they ignored me but since then I’ve developed twitching all over my body (could be down to my anxiety).

Unfortunately the therapy waiting list is 3 months so it won’t be a while until they can help me :( which leaves me worrying sick over this

Shaun, it's pretty well established that you do not have any ALS to worry about, so further posts on our website would be inappropriate. Good luck with whatever it is that has you twitching and worrying.

Hello Guys just a final question,

For the past few days I’ve been experiencing a heavy left arm and my left leg still has the weird spastic feeling

What does this sound like?

Shaun,

We're not doctors so please ask this of your doctor. And, yes, please make that your final question on the forum. You do not belong here and that's a fantastic thing. Be grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back