Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Houston
Good morning wondering if I should get a second opinion. I have been having twitching all over my body. I believe I see muscle atrophy in my right leg and left hand. I have had two EMG one in April and another in July. I can walk on my toes and heels but my right foot is harder for me to stay on my heels. I am just wondering your thoughts if this sounds lik als?

Two [normal?] EMGs, presumably at decent institutions given your location, say time to move on from ALS (huzzah!) and follow up with your PCP, who can write for PT to assess your R foot.

Best,
Laurie

Yes neuro said normal EMG. I am just worried because I am also seeing atrophy on my left bicep. I can still do everything normally except stand on my right heal.also the twitching all over has me concerned.

I understand your concern, but it's far better to put time in on direct therapy for your problems than to try to palm them off on a disease that tests say you don't have. And in doing that therapy, the causes of the weakness/atrophy you perceive will likely become clearer.

Thank you for your response. I have this last question and then I will not ask any more. My Second EMG was done September 10. I was not have the heel standing and walking issue on my right foot when it was done. The EMG was done for the right side of my body. I started having the heel issue two weeks ago. Is it possible to have done the EMG to early. Since this particular issue started 8 weeks after the EMG?

No, it was not too early. The too-early thing is basically an urban myth. Nerve damage due to ALS is visible long before clinical weakness. For example, my husband had EMG abnormalities in both legs though he had no leg issues until > a year later.

Ok, thank you for replying to me. I wish everyone well one this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back