Other
Country
POR
State
Portugal
City
Lisbon
Hello
Before anything, i'd like to say that I'm a bit scared and I don't want to annoy anyone with my things, but i'd like to hear your thoughts.
I'm a male, from Portugal and I'm 19.
Even tho I spend the days telling myself that I'm fine, it seems to haunt me all day long.
It might seem strange, but some weeks ago, I became "aware" of my tongue. It now seems too big for my mouth and I feel some tiredness in "the floor of my mouth" and now I have some strange sensation while moving my tongue. I feel kinda struggled saying S's and L's. And it seems that my tongue now rests near my molars.
I can move it freely, without any problems, as long as I can see.
Sorry for my English and I'm really really thankful for your time and kindness. I had some kind of severe "Cancer-Phobia" and now I am very worried about als.
Kindest Regards,
André

André, I think you answered your own question. Your awareness of your tongue and strange feelings in no way resembles bulbar symptoms. Anxiety is very powerful in making normal things seem abnormal and strange.

Make sure you are drinking enough liquid, and look to your sleep and stress, while exercising during the day, and I think you will be fine. As always, if you find yourself actually unable to do something you used to, which I don't think you will, you should see a physician.

Best,
Laurie

Many, many thanks, Laurie. I appreciate your time and attention.

Abnormal tiredness

Hello once again.
I'm so so sorry for bugging you once again, but I am very very worried and I'd be super glad if you could hear me.

Ever since I started my ALS fear, my "symptoms" are getting worse... Firstly I was worried about my mouth, but now I somehow manage to develop twitches bodywide but more focalized at the legs. My arms now feel tired after combing or playing with my hair for a while, or carry something heavy at a resistance motion (I don't know if I'm expressing clearly, I'm not a native english speaker) . And now, to help with my situation and make me think even more at night, my legs react at a medium-light poke below the knees. I know it is supposed to do that, as that is the place to test reflexes, but my easiness to trigger them make me shiver in fear, alongside with perceived weakness (I can do everything but I feel very fragile at my legs)...
I'm very very thankful for your time, and, once more I'm really really sorry to be bugging you...
I'm 19 by the way.

See your primary care medical doctor. Ask about therapy. Forget ALS.

Thanks for your time. I tried seeing a psychologist one time but she was making me feel worse, as if it was possible.
Kindest Regards,
André

That's interesting, Andre. If it hurts--it's touching a sore spot.

Get a different psychologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back