Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
OR
City
Southern Oregon
A few times now when I copied and pasted a link into a thread, I’ve been informed a moderator has to review and approve it before it gets posted.

Not a big deal — so far they’ve approved everything I’ve copied and pasted. However, I’m curious as to the reason for doing it this way.

This has occurred when I’ve posted links to other threads along with copying some websites off the internet.

I’ve been doing it (on my iPad) by holding my finger down on the link I want to copy, and then selecting the copy and paste options. Is there some other way I should be doing this, or does it generate the request for the moderator to review and approve no matter how I copy and paste the link?

I don’t want to wear out or bug the moderators if I don’t have to, which is why I ask.

Links get moderated however you put them in. It is an anti spam measure and applies to everyone. No worries re the mods. We are happy to do it.

We had spammers who learned to circumvent this. It wrought havoc here until we instituted the initial posts get moderated policy. Anyone who knows the spammer secret do NOT post it.

That makes total sense.

Need to keep the mods happy as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back