Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
CA
City
Glendale
My husband and I recently renovated our bathroom and have the toilet set at 19 inches, which I think may be too low for him. We purchased the Ocean VIP Tilt shower chair and commode, and I’m wondering, do any of you have experience with it? Is it easy to use the toilet if you roll the chair over it, or is there spillage when one goes to the bathroom while using the chair over the toilet?

I can't speak for that model, but conceptually, with everything the right height, at worst you should have some cleaning of the chair after, as you might expect. Gravity is gravity...

We got a 4 inch spacer to go under our bidet seat, works like a champ.If the chair can go over it that should take care of any " splatter" issues -

Last edited:
We have that same chair and absolutely love it. Unfortunately, I can't help you with the toileting aspect of it as we only use it for showering. I'd have to use the hoyer and sling to get Darcey up and onto the Shower Chair, anyway. So instead of lowering her to the shower chair, disconnecting all straps, to then roll her into the bathroom and over the toilet... I simply pull her directly into the bathroom while hanging from the hoyer and gently lower her directly onto the toilet. For us, it is the easier and faster way.

It should be noted that the method described, above, is only for the upstairs bedroom process. Downstairs, during the day, the hoyer won't fit into the bathroom. As such, daytime toileting is accomplished by use of a portable commode.

My best...

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back