View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004, 01:18 AM #6 (permalink)

Timshelper is an unknown quantity at this point
Timshelper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Red Kat

Hi everybody I han't been on the froum since Carol decided to leave for a while but I talked to her last week and she said she was back. I was glad to hear all the nice things people have written about her because she is a true inspirtion and educator for many of us. The biggest event that has happened to me in a long time is I was able to speak to a celebrity . We all know him as Henry and it made me feel without a doubt very special just to hear his voice. I actually said Hi to all the family and you could just tell there was so much love and compassion in that house we could all be so lucky. Henry still has his sense of humor and I finally found out what a lift is and if you don't know ask Carol because Henry says everybody knows. I'm still laughing about that one. Anyway about this Red Kat thing the name is errycoma lonfolia Jack and comes from a plant. It has aphrodisiac properties and is a libido booster and promotes testosterone. Another ingredient is sclaremax which have antithrombotic and antidepressant effects. It should not be used by women or the chronically ill. I understand the energy part of it but I don't understand what this plant has to do with ALS. It even cautions people to watch that they don't use to much of it. So in my opinion I think we'd all be safer and give our loved one a KIt Kat it still gives us a little boost and does raise our endrorphins for a short while. I also watched the Jenifer Estess movie tonight and I was sad to hear that she died in December but the show did tell us all that stem research is the way to go. The one comment that was made when they were trying to get the treatment is that ALS is like an Orphan disease and only 30,000 people have it in the US. Their comeback was it possible there are more they have just died beore they do their stats. It really makes you think how many people have to die or live with this conditon until the government takes this seriously. If they know the stem cells work with mice why are they stalling it would open up a door to so many other motor neuron diseases. I don't get it The other thing that irks me is that the government or the medcial society hasn't had to really put any money into the research because we have organizatons like Project ALS, at the time of Jenifer story they alone had made 7 million dollars and I'm sure there was more after that. Think of your own community and what the ALS foundations do for you, that money had to come from somewhere and it did from people volunteering their time and speaking to others that know nothing about ALS. We need to continue to talk with anyone and anywhere that has a positive upside to it we need to talk to these people even more. I am so frustrated because the person I love sees no light at the end of the tunnel is it possible to give them some light and not just fabricated hope. I hope so and I think I've said enough. Good luck to all of you on your jouneys.
Tims helper
ALS About Loving Someone.