Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Kelowna
Good evening everyone.

I have a few questions regarding some new symptoms I have been exhibiting.

Approximately 3 weeks ago I was hit with a couple of weeks of strange dizzyness. The feeling you get when you turn your head and it takes a few seconds for everything to catch up.

As this subsided I started to feel fasciculations in my left calf. Becoming increasingly aware of these fasciculations they have now moved to both legs. Mostly on the left leg the starting point I feel an odd jelly leg feeling around my knees. And a constant feeling that my calf muscles are on the edge of cramping. The feelings are exacerbated when resting or lying down. It’s become constant to the point of hightened anxiety and stress.

I don’t believe I have any noticble weakness but seeing as I have been fairly sedentary and have a desk job it’s hard to tell.

Recently went to the Dr and he doesn’t seem to concerned but yesterday went for an MRI. After the MRI I had more extreme dizzyness followed by nausea. Don’t know if this is related or anyone has experienced any of this before. But any information would be appreciated.

Warmest Regards,

Agree 100% with Shiftkicker.

I appreciate the responses.

Needless to say the mind has a tendency to wander. I guess the worry comes from never experiencing anything like this before.

I have still been able to run and recently started since these symptoms arose. The feelings are less noticeable when moving a little faster. But return once walking and are all consuming when relaxing.

My naivety regarding ALS most likely plays a role in the questions I ask. So my question from a curiosity and personal education stand point. What does ALS symptoms when first starting feel like?

Again I appreciate you all giving me your time.

James, keep working with your doctor. We are not here for curiosity. Best of luck

You are right. I am sorry I don’t mean to take up anyone’s time. I appreciate your response. And will keep you updated with developments.

Have a wonderful evening.

Regards

What does ALS symptoms when first starting feel like?

1) Sorry Sparky, we don't do 20 questions, it tends to feed the hypochondriacs.

2) Had you read the Sticky as directed, you'd not have to ask.

Move on. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back