View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 04:41 AM #3 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

City: Muscat
State: Muscat
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
Jasper1983 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Muscat
State: Muscat
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
Jasper1983 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Worried about Bulbar Onset symptoms

Dear Laurie,

Thanks for the super quick reply, must be quite late in your side of the world, out here in Oman its still mid day.

Thanks also for the information, honestly i have been to many doctors, my government even sent me Thailand as the hospitals are better there to get second opinion and doctors haven't been able to help me much for my GERD, have tried many PPI.

To be honest they are very confused as well, some even recommended me to go see psychologist even though i didn't complain much or get to much anxiety problems.

Even today my head, throat muscles feel very tight, especially on my left side and having lunch was a challenge even with a Tuna sandwich which was soft and easy to eat, i have some pressure on the left side of my neck as well, at times i feel like my tongue, throat and chest is twitching or getting spasms.

Also my twitching is bad now days, i even get in my throat and chest and feel inside my throat and neck muscles, when i asked doctor they said it can be anywhere but usually on body for face or throat etc its possible but not common.

For the Slow Moving UPM disease you mentioned which one is that, i already saw 3-4 neuro in my county as well as Thailand and none of them mention about this.

but for my EMG i did on body only since that time mostly complain about body, they didn't want to do neck or chin, i had EMG 3 time, once in Oman in 2015 and twice in Thailand 2016 all show ok, only doctor mention about Ulnear nerve and he said maybe slight issue in neck muscle and said if it get worse can do MRI again in future but he not mention about it on report.

Last time at follow up with neuro i ask him about Bulbar and if it show on EMG or not he said its possible not show in 2015 for first time but it would show on 2016 1st or 2nd one for sure because it will spreading by then, it is true ? he even look at my tongue and make me push my cheeks out and said tongue look normal ( No atrophy or can not see moving or twitching) and also strength good since can push out and retain with pressure and push with finger.

Anyway if you think im in wrong place then thats very good news for me, however if anyone else as well as yourself has any more advice or answer kindly let me know before closing thread.

Thank you and God Bless you

Last edited by Jasper1983 : 05-15-2018 at 05:34 AM