Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
OR
City
Southern Oregon
I know a lot of people on this forum recommend Model Talker for voice banking. I looked into it. They are apparently working on an application which is compatible with an iOS system, which is what I use, and state it will be available “soon”. Their program currently is windows based.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a currently available program that works with iOS and is on par with Model Talker?

I could probably wait for MT’s iOS program to come out, but I’d like to get started banking fairly soon as I’m noticing a slight nasal quality to my voice.

I finished voice banking with Model Talker on a PC. But I'm pretty sure you can use a Mac also. You store your files online and they have setup instructions for Mac on their site.

The recording procedure for Mac entails using Chrome and a USB headset. Of course, you have to register first to get into the recording interface.

My experience is when developers are doing the first mobile app, usually takes longer than originally planned. If your voice is getting nasally, you might want to get started if you have a Mac.

To answer your question, for a synthesized voice from your own, ModelTalker is the only game in town I know of.

From a cost standpoint, ModelTalker is indeed the only show in town, but if you've bucks to spare, there's one more.

This is from an info doc I created:
Modeltalker is one group offering to capture and create your synthetic voice for $100*.
https://www.modeltalker.org/faq/

Team Gleason has arranged for FREE voice
banking for pALS. See this for more information:
http://www.teamgleason.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Model-Talker-PressRelease-6.pdf

Tobii also offers this service for $1,500 (no, not a typo)
https://www.tobiidynavox.com/en-US/software/partner-software/vocalid/

As a follow up, I contacted the Model Talker staff. Thy said one can voice bank using a Mac computer or a pc, but not using an iPad.

Once the voice is banked and synthesized, it can be downloaded to “as many devices as you want” and even saved to a thumb drive enabling it to be downloaded to an iPad, iPhone, and of course any windows devices, Android, etc.

There are two existing application that will use the ModelTalker voice on iOS, Predictable and ChatAble, both from Therapy Box. Predictable is $160 USD and currently downloadable from the AppStore. ChatAble did not show up in an AppStore search but is still promoted on the Therapy Box website. What follows is from the ModelTalker web site.

'The latest versions of Predictable and ChatAble from Therapy Box (now available in the App Store) are designed to support ModelTalker voices in your iPhone, iPad or other iOS device. You will need to download and install one of these apps from the AppStore before you can use your voice. Once either Predictable or ChatAble is installed, you can either download and start to use your ModelTalker voice directly from within the app or download the voice as a zip file to a PC or Mac and install it via iTunes to an iDevice.

To directly download into Predictable or ChatAble, you should go to the app settings screen, select Voices -> ModelTalker -> and follow the within-app instructions.

If you prefer, you may directly download the voice from here and save it to your PC or Mac. You will find illustrated instructions in the app for installing the saved voice file using iTunes.'

Dave

Interesting that this conversation came up today. My wife received an email from ALSA this morning, and was about a new non profit for voice banking . They are not ready to go live yet but, they made a voice for Pat Quinn from his recorded speeches.

It is called Project Revoice and here is a link to their web site. Home - ALS Project Revoice

Karen, now this is just me ,my experience .

Early dx I thought yeah I better get on this. I have Mac, my daughter came over got e set up with model talker and we started in on recording . We they have 1500 phrases to record. I was slow doing it and needed help so after 50 phrases I got wore out and decided I wanted to spend my time doing fun things so I dropped it.

Next was the Tobin eye gaze which didn't go any better and by then I was a mess to do much so kind for dropped this also.

Then lately a friend came over got me an app just called " text" there are a lot of free apps voice to text.

I use this, you make your own phrases it's easy user friendly.
More time for fun stuff also you can use cuse words all ya want no censoring.

Any way good luck! Just my experience .

Love ya all
Chally

Go to google and search ALS Project Revoice. There is another one coming by the years end.
I posted a link more than 12 hours ago and still waiting for a mod approval.

Chally you crack me up. So many times now I’ve wanted to hug you.

Mod note: waldo, we had an extensive website outage yesterday and are just now catching up with all the approvals, etc. Apologies.

I don't plan on banking my voice. I want to have an Australian accent and I don't mind sounding like a robot.

I do need to create more phrases on the software I downloaded on my iPad. I have a larger iPad so I still need to transfer everything over. Today the sun in shining and the pool is 83 degrees so that's where I'm headed.

I also thought about the eye gaze but, unless I get Lasik AGAIN, I know it will be hard. I'll probably have to get new classes that aren't progressive.

Karen,

My recommendation is to start banking your voice with ModelTalker ASAP. It takes a lot of effort to record the phrases they will use to generate a voice file. That voice file can then be used with many apps on a variety of devices, including those in the Apple realm. Products that work on Apple devices typically cost something, while the ones that work on Windows and Android devices are often free.

Once you have recorded the necessary phrases, ModelTalker can regenerate your voice file any time. Over the last 3 years, they have made improvements to their technology and the voice file I have now sounds much better than the one I generated 3 years ago. I have not recorded any new phrases for them since the initial set.

I encourage anyone reading this thread to bank their voice early (if you want to have a generated voice that sounds something like your original voice). Don't wait. It was hard for me to bank my voice. It took a lot of time and a dedicated effort. The result is that I have a voice file that sounds a lot like my voice.

I am very happy with ModelTalker and highly recommend them.

Steve

I got cha Karen come on in here I am a hugger.

Hmmm..... I wonder if I could get it to make me sound like Julie Andrews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back