chiroptractor therapy using electrodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read somewhere in the messages that someone had gone to a chiropractor for therapy using electrodes, I think, to help stimulate the voice. I cannot seem to find where I read this. I remember reading about the five points that were contacted in the ear, I think. If anyone wrote this I would sure appreciate any help in finding this.
My mother has ALS and her voice is basically gone. I was just wondering if this would help her.
Thank you.
Billie

Hi Billie,
I also have Bulbar ALS and my speech is gone.
I think you go into the forum and click on the heading "ALS and Lou Gehrig's Disease, then when that opens up click on the topic "Connection Between ALS and Lyme's?". If you go to the second page of this discussion I think you will find what you are looking for, posted by Terry.
Hope this helps. Someone more computer literate than me could probably tell you a short cut!
What does your mother use to help her communicate?

chiropractor therapy using electrodes

Thanks for the reply.
right now we are using a board with the alphabet on it and she will try and point to the letters to spell out words. sometimes I can guess the word before she finishes which speeds things along. she is right handed and her right hand does not work anymore, so she tries to use her left hand which is also slowly going. she still can move the controls on her electric wheel chair with her left fingers which is a blessing. She is still feeding herself with her left hand but that is getting very messy. She is totally frustrated and depressed.
I am just grasping at straws right now, I think, to see if there is anything available that could help her speech.

Billie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back