Status
Not open for further replies.
But ALS is not a muscle disease, this is where you are convincing yourself and ignoring us who know the disease.

It is a disease of the brain - the muscles are not working harder because there is less of them in ALS - the brain is no longer sending a signal to the muscles. I can tell you that this is not what you are describing.

Please do post once a neurologist has examined you and run tests and let us know the results. I'm really hoping they pin something down for you quickly and can get your moving on a strategy to treat whatever is going on. I'm not saying nothing is going on, just saying this is not how ALS works, regardless of how you think it is fitting into what you think about ALS.

Paul, the flaw in your theory is that ALS is not a muscle disease, it is a nerve disease. The nerve that tells the muscle to move doesn’t send a signal to the muscle to move. So you’re probably thinking that then the other muscles work harder, but that not the way it works. In ALS you will find that you are suddenly unable to do a small simple task, like button your shirt or stand on tippy toes or stand on your heels. There is something else causing your symptoms but it’s not ALS.
Tracy

Thank you all so much for your replies. You are right Tracy, there is definitely something there causing these symptoms, everything I have is not imagined it is evident, the twitches, reflexes etc. Someone has mentioned that I have many symptoms that are part of MS.

Whilst sitting all day twitches everywhere and msucles feel like they are moving! I know this is becoming a mental issue now as I am convinced in my mind I have ALS and no one can prove to me otherwise, as in my head I am convinced I am right (which I know is wrong) Not to mention the stress it is putting on my wife.

Only two things will define everything and that is me seeing a Neuro and the most important one which is time.

Will update you if any further developments related to this occur.

Lots of love and peace... Paul x

Paul, please wait till you have more information from your doctor. You are continuing to post the same things, and are clearly exasperating the folks who have kindly replied multiple times to you. You have received answers and recommendations many times. It's understandable you feel anxious about mysterious symptoms- continuing to search and engage here is increasing that anxiety, as well as burdening the members here due to multiple posts that keep stating the same things and indicate you are struggling to take in what people are telling you.

Please don't reply to this message. Wait till after your doctor's appointment. Please don't continue to post your symptoms here- bring these updates to your doctor- who is in a position to actually help you.

I look forward to your report after you see a medical professional.

Hi Shiftkicker.

I know you feel I am not symptomatic of ALS but I do feel I have Bulbar onset. I have had a symptom over the past 10 days of like a tingling on my tongue, like a feeling of metal. I then saw this from Jellis86 post
"I told him my tongue always feels like I just put a 9 volt battery to the tip.....some of you will get that! He said it's definitely a nerve to muscle issue"
This is what I have. My muscle twitches have got worse and when I tap the top of my thighs I can feel it triggering my tendon reflex. My jaw feels tired, my arms feel harder to lift with muscle tenseness and trembling. If I hold my arm out it tires quickly and I have to lower it and I feel I am getting tired in my tongue when i talk now, so I am making conversations shorter and resting my mouth more.

PLEASE do not have a go at me, I am in a very dark place right now, my symptoms are not intermittent, they are adding up and progressing over time and I am in a very dark place and feel I could do something to myself as I cant take this all anymore. Please can someone be there for me. :-(

I don’t know what we can say to help you now.

Your symptom constellation apparently does not sound familiar to anyone. It does not to me. No one in my family had anything like it nor have I heard others report it.

Jellis started with classic bulbar onset - speech slurred so badly other people kept asking him if he was drunk

I hope you have made an appointment with a neurologist. As you wisely said a neurological opinion is the only way you are going to get the answers you need.

Did searching the forum the way you obviously did help you feel better in any way? This forum is good at supporting people who are diagnosed emotionally and with information and tips for the challenges we face. It is also reasonably good for helping people with practical issues related to the diagnostic process- preparing for appointments and sometimes interpreting results. When we see someone heading for a diagnosis we worry about them.

When someone has worrying to them symptoms that don’t resonate with us we can do little but say that and recommend medical assessment. When is your appointment

Paul,

I'm sorry for what you are going through, but asking terminally ill people to be there for YOU when you have yet to see a doctor to address your own problems is quite cruel. Again, I'm sorry for what you are going through but your symptoms do not sound like any ALS I have ever heard of.

As well, make an appointment immediately with a health care professional if what you are doing is threatening to harm yourself. It is imperative, it is a must. They will point you in the right direction as to who to see to help you psychologically. Hanging the threat of harming yourself over the heads of strangers on the internet is reckless and is an unfair burden.

As for this forum, there is nothing that the folks here can do for you. They are too busy helping dying loved ones or making it thorough each day dealing with the daily stressors of ALS themselves.

Take good care and good luck. Again, please seek immediate psychological help.

Last edited:
Paul.

As Nikki has pointed out, this forum is causing harm to you and is serving to increase your anxiety to the point where you are threatening self harm. It is important you seek help with a medical professional or a person well versed in helping folks who are struggling with thoughts of self harm. This is an urgent mental health emergency for you and this forum is simply not equipped to provide the help you need with these thoughts. We are in sympathy that you are struggling.

Here are some sites that can provide you information and help. Please reach out to someone who can provide assurance and help you access the resources you need.

Mental Health Ireland Need help now? - Mental Health Ireland

Services you access directly - Your Mental Health

I will be closing this thread at this time. Threats of self harm are serious and indicate a desperate need for immediate help. Please take care of yourself. This is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back