Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Ajax
Hi all,

I've read Dusty7's post "Read Before Posting" and found it very informative but I'm still in need of some advice.

Since early February I have been experiencing widespread fasciculations, difficulty swallowing which comes and goes, slurring of my speech and some left side tongue sensitivity, I've had an unremarkable CT scan, MRI and EMG tests. I've seen two different Neurologists who have put me through a series of physical testing and both have said they do not suspect a neurological condition. My doctor has recommended an upper GI endoscopy and barium swallow in the next week. I'm puzzled as to what is going on and would appreciate any comments.

Thanks for your help.

A normal EMG would rule out ALS, so there must be something else going on to explain your symptoms. The endoscopy and barium swallow will test for reflux or some other GI cause. Keep working with your doctors. However it doesn’t sound like ALS. The fasciculations are not specific.

The only advice we can give (as strangers on the internet that can't examine you) is keep working with your doctors but ALS doesn't even seem to be remotely on the table which is fantastic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back