Skyhawk

Country
UK
State
London
City
London
Hi all,

I know you get a lot of hypochondriacs here claiming they have ALS and I hope I am not wasting anyone's time. When I have browsed forums about people asking do they have ALS many talk about symptoms coming and going and as I know ALS worsens over time and does not get better or do you have moments of stagnation.

I have posted before as I was getting twitches only. I had an EMG in 2009 with no findings of ALS. Just because that happened please do not dismiss me

I am wondering if I am ignoring the obvious and developing ALS? I guess only time is going to tell..

This is my timeline...

1. My right little toe twitches fairly often.
2. 2 months ago the toes next to it also started twitching often
3. 7 weeks ago I started having a sensation of a lump in my throat. I went to see an ENT doctor who performed a scope and nothing was found
4. 4 weeks ago the twitching moved up to my calf and it feels like my calf muscle is stiffening even though it is not. I feel like there is movement going on deep inside it but I cant feel nothing, it just twitches a LOT!
5. when I lay in bed I wake up with a feeling like my calf and thigh muscle are stiffening and they just dont feel right.
6. right after this the twitching moved up to my thigh muscle and so now, my toe, calf and thigh muscles twitch for most of the day and night
7. started getting pains in my chest and sensation of someone pushing down on it
8. I saw the doctor a few days ago for a general medical and had a normal blood count - This I know means nothing as ALS would not show in a blood test. However, when the doctor did my reflex tests, he commented on how hyper they are. When he tapped my knee it shot up high and fast.
9. My wife has noticed a personality change in me of late.
10. since past week my right thigh muscle feels like its cramping and I feel it.

As you can see I am accumulating symptoms and this to me in my head confirms that its ALS as nothing is going only more things are coming. These are all classic ALS symptoms.

I know many will tell me the only way to find out is to have an EMG, see a neurologist etc but I am petrified I now have early onset of ALS, for me it all adds up

These has all come one over the past 4 months

Toe twitching, then to calf, then to thigh, muscles twitch and feel stiff even though they are not. (Most of the twitching is on my right side.) Lump sensation in throat, pains in chest, personality change, cramp feeling in thigh muscle and hyper reflexes.

Am I correct in thinking this is quite clear grounds to suspect ALS?

Many thanks

Andy

Last edited:
No, you're not correct in the slightest that you have "early onset ALS", nor have you been correct over the last 9 years of posting your non-ALS symptoms. If you're are concerned, best to go see your doctor. You haven't believed anyone on this forum over the last near decade, so going back to your doc is best. You've posted the exact same symptoms for nearly a decade so perhaps going to get another medical opinion will enable you to finally get the answers and peace you are looking for.

Take good care and good luck.

Nothing you posted sounds like ALS. Eat well, drink plenty of fluids, get good rest, exercise, make sure you're in great shape, and see your MD if you are concerned about these symptoms.

I'm glad you don't have to be here! Best wishes.

I would imagine you will end up being banned from posting as 9 years of asking us if you have early onset of ALS is beyond ridiculous.

You joined in 2009? If you had ALS odds are you would be busy pushing up the daisies. All of your symptoms begin with it feels... ALS does not feel. Things just don't work. I feel fine, but I have muscles that don't work anymore. Please feel free to hang out somewhere else.
People who are dying really don't have time to massage your neuroses.
Vincent

I never meant to cause disrespect and I have the utmost love and respect for those of you who are battling this awful disease. I mean nothing bad by my behaviour.

I was thinking about the boy who cried wolf right? in 2009 I thought I had it and now I have more symptoms and so I was thinking maybe now is the time I seriously do have it and thus my concerns.

I shall refrain from posting but just incase this does all go pear-shaped for me, I will update you if it turns out to indeed be what I was dreading.

God bless you all
x

"Toe twitching, then to calf, then to thigh, muscles twitch and feel stiff even though they are not. (Most of the twitching is on my right side.) Lump sensation in throat, pains in chest, personality change, cramp feeling in thigh muscle and hyper reflexes."

I can't see the slightest ALS in any of your posts. This one reminds me of stress anxiety.

As everyone has said, there is no indication of ALS anywhere in any thing you write. Time to leave, Andy.

And this is not at all a case of The Boy Who Cried Wolf. In that story, the boy actually saw a wolf at the end but was not believed because he had lied previously. In your case, you simply don't have ALS, or anything like it.

At this point, you're trolling.

Atusgi,

Appreciate your comments and apologies again from me, I guess the human mind can be illogical at times and I guess once you convince yourself of something then it's hard to get it out of your head. However, I appreciate and understand what you said and how you feel about my presence here.

No more comms from me and love to all x

I can see you're still on the forum reading and searching. Please do yourself a favor and try to stay off this forum. See your doctor. You are fueling your health anxiety by continuing to read about a disease you do not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back